by crinrict

Original Post

[DHD] Can’t add room or adjust tiles under roof to premade builds

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add walls to house for gig needing a room addition and will not allow me to remove above tiles that no longer fit house after renovation. This particular house (Daisy Hovel) has floor tiles under the roof that will not let me adjust after changing the layout.
What happens when the bug occurs? Won’t allow any walls or floor tiles that join house
What do you expect to see? The object of the game to work as intended
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There’s many other bugs but this is preventing me from being able to move much further into the career 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 6 (472 Views)

Re: [DHD] Can’t add room or adjust tiles under roof to premade builds

[ Edited ]
Hero

@midtwilightblue Bit confused about your report. You say you add walls and then have issue removing the tiles above and then you say you can't add walls at all. Do you mean walls on a new level for a room addition ?

Could you maybe add a picture of what you did ?

There's a more general report here that might be connected to what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Cannot-add-a-room-for-some-gigs-houses/td-p/10407441 but if it's about the floor tiles, it might be something different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (443 Views)

★ Guide

You can begin to add a wall but it will not let you connect it to the house to make a room. There were some tiles (same level) that allowed it but you would then have a huge gap in between the new room and the house, which is ridiculous.

As far as the floor tiles above the top level (to add trim to, under the roof that already existed on the house, you are unable to adjust if you change the layout of the house. Just as when you remove outer walls and changing the floor plan completely; you are unable to adjust the tiles above to then fit the new plan.

Message 3 of 6 (399 Views)

Hero
@midtwilightblue can't check atm, does the house have a foundation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (390 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, it’s Daisy Hovel

Message 5 of 6 (380 Views)

Hero
@midtwilightblue Probably same issue than the other thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (369 Views)