Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [DHD] All Interior Decorator Gigs to high with Custom World

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Kick out many of the in game residents from teh worlds.. create quite a few custom ones to populate the neighborhood. Start a new character and join interior decorator career... no gigs will come up that I can take. They all say too high of level. If I use the same created sim ina new game.. where I haven't made new families and all stock.. I can find available gigs
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't take any gigs in interior decorator
What do you expect to see? More gigs available even if using multiple custom households in game. Allow gigs from custom households
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Allow us to be able to have multiple custom households in our worlds and get more gigs. Literally starting out there were no gigs available to take

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (3,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [DHD] All Interior Decorator Gigs to high with Custom World (Gigs greyed out

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (772 Views)

All Replies

Re: No Interior Decorator Gigs with Custom World

Hero

Hm, 

I tested my oldest saves where none of the original families still exist. That's the gig list

Bild_2021-06-02_205919.png

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue but could you post a picture of yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,545 Views)

★ Novice

Weird.. I tried this multiple times and still got no gigs I could accept until I restarted in a new game with all the originals.

Message 3 of 17 (3,524 Views)

Hero
@ShadowxPhenix Do you have an empty list like these: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Home-Designer-No-gigs/td-p/10389755 or just all greyed out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (3,519 Views)

★ Novice

They were all greyed out.. everything was too high level.

Message 5 of 17 (3,470 Views)

Hero
@ShadowxPhenix Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (3,432 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same exact problem. I had plenty of gigs until I deleted the residents and put new ones in with custom homes. 

Message 7 of 17 (3,345 Views)

Hero
@varnlish Do you have an empty gig list or all greyed out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (3,309 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@ShadowxPhenixWould you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

@crinrict Were you ever able to help with this problem? I am having the same issue and can't figure it out. I've taken out ALL mods. Deleted the localthumbcache. Repaired my game. Yet I still have a grayed out list that says I'm not high enough for this gig. 

Message 9 of 17 (2,860 Views)

★ Novice
Message 10 of 17 (2,716 Views)