Original Post

Accepted Solution

D REVEN FEAR INTERACTS INCORRECTLY WITH FALLEN BASTILLA

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? N/A
OS Version N/A
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug FEAR READS - Fear: Miss the next turn, can't use abilities, and can't evade. Increase cooldowns by 1 and Fear expires on taking damage from an attack. YET BASTILLA FALLEN APPLIES CBM AT THE 10 SECOND MARK IN THIS VIDEO - SHE SHOULD NOT GET A START OF A TURN NOR BE ABLE TO USE AN ABILITY C
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? SEE VIDEO
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

https  :  //  youtu.be  / QMNpRbbitrg

DR USES INSANITY ON FALLEN BAST, THEN SHE IS ABLE TO APPLY CBM.  SHOULD NOT OCCUR WITH WORDING THE WAY IT IS 

Message 1 of 7 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: D REVEN FEAR INTERACTS INCORRECTLY WITH FALLEN BASTILLA

Hello there,

"Missing a turn" means that when it is the characters turn to attack they are unable to to use any abilities. The "turn" still happens, it's just that the player can't do anything with it.

Fallen Bastila does not use an ability to apply CBM, it is part of her unique and occurs without her having to do anything. Order of effects: Fallen Bastila's turn > apply CBM through unique ability > due to Fear player cannot take an action > moves on to next character's turn.

This is working as intended. Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (684 Views)

All Replies

Hello there,

"Missing a turn" means that when it is the characters turn to attack they are unable to to use any abilities. The "turn" still happens, it's just that the player can't do anything with it.

Fallen Bastila does not use an ability to apply CBM, it is part of her unique and occurs without her having to do anything. Order of effects: Fallen Bastila's turn > apply CBM through unique ability > due to Fear player cannot take an action > moves on to next character's turn.

This is working as intended. Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (685 Views)

★ Apprentice
this makes zero sense - she is performing an action - is a horrible description - basically cant overcome a faster Fallen Bastilla with any strategy - just get faster mods - great game design -
Message 3 of 7 (627 Views)

No, performing an action means that a character performs one of the skills they have - a basic or special attack. She can do none of these things during her turn when she has Fear.

However, per her CBM Unique - "At the start of Bastila's turn, all enemies lose 3% Turn Meter ... and are influcted with CBM for 1 turn. Then Bastila recovers 1% Protection for each debuff on enemies". This can be referred to as a "passive" effect. Her unique will attempt to inflict CBM on all enemies, and then Bastila will gain a certain amount of protection.

Then she is not given an opportunity to do any actions. Her turn ends, Fear ends, her cooldowns are all increased because Fear ended, then all her cooldowns are reduced by one because it's the end of her turn. All other effects that would expire at the end of her turn (such as other buffs or debuffs) will also expire.

Since this CBM is *not* applied through a skill, it is *not prevented* by an opposing Bastila's CBM. So a slower Bastila can work just fine against a faster one. It just means the first Bastila to go can use her Fear skill without worrying about CBM.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

but fear says they miss a turn so how does she get the start of a turn?   fear does not say the character gets a turn but cannot use any abilities - it says Miss the next turn - so if the next turn is missed, how is it possible to apply a passive?  To apply the passive as you state would require a turn, which Fear says she does not get - It does not say she gets a turn and all abilities are blocked.    

Message 5 of 7 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i agree with post #5  your distinction between missing a turn vs having a turn but not being able to use active abilities (yet passives work)..

its a shame CG does not.

allowing passives to work indicates a turn was not fully "missed", in my opinion as well.

Message 6 of 7 (590 Views)

There have been several discussions on the verbiage of "missing a turn." Both Stun and Fear use the same verbiage. I believe it can be misleading for things like this. If a turn is missed - the character would never reduce their cooldowns, DoTs would do no damage...and the Stun and Fear would never go away... So you have to have a turn. They just use that phrase a shortcut for what actually happens.

I've recommended verbiage like "Cannot perform an action on the next turn" but so far no changes have been made.

Regardless, what ChristophIV and I have described are the actual in-game mechanics that are occurring. Now that you understand what's happening, you can use this to your advantage in the arena.