Pronoun not applying - They/Them - Comedy Skill Notification.

by iot00

Original Post

Custom pronouns not applying - Skill Notifications

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Several of the gender neutral boxes- which were very common in the last year or so- have not been updated to address pronouns. I suppose this isn't a "bug" and is possibly part of the WIP nature of the update, but in particular, skills like Flower Arranging and Knitting have a heck of a lot of they/them pronouns tossed in.

You can see here that the old box and the new box both throw in an arbitrary "They" despite the new box- thanks to my sim's unusual pronouns- making it clear the game knows I'm using specific pronouns.

FTi6LDTWIAYJua7.png

FTi6LDTWIAYJua7.png

Since these boxes refer directly to my sim- unlike generic moodlets or descriptors like "Home Turf sims are happy when in their own neighborhood", the pronouns should be used for all the text, not just some of it.

Message 1 of 65 (4,476 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Which pronouns are you using? They/Them
  • Where are they not being applied? They’re being applied incorrectly
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Here is the pic, i couldnt do a screenshot in so sorry!

also, for me at least, the new custom pronouns pop-up doesnt open when i select it, so i cant use that feature

Message 2 of 65 (4,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What pronouns am I using: They/Them from the dropdown.

Where are they not being applied: They are being incorrectly applied in skill award notifications.

Screenshot provided

Message 3 of 65 (3,201 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - Custom

Community Manager

Hi @InternWaffle 

Thanks for the report! I've split your post off from the main thread for tracking purposes.

solaire.png

Message 4 of 65 (2,977 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - They/Them

Community Manager

Hey there @iot00,

Thank you for reporting this! I've split your post off from the main thread for tracking purposes. 

solaire.png

Message 5 of 65 (2,973 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - They/Them

Community Manager
Hi @Aravilui,

Thank you for the report! Your post has been split off from the main thread so we can track this further.

solaire.png

Message 6 of 65 (2,976 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

★★★ Newbie

Hello, my sim uses they/them pronouns and there were multiple notification messages that used she/her pronouns instead. One was when asked if they should continue further education, two were for skills (wellness and video gaming). Screenshots attached. 

Message 7 of 65 (3,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Which pronouns are you using?
    • They/them default (not "custom") settings
  • Where are they not being applied?
    • in the helper dialog box, use of "their" instead of "them".
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    • Screenshot 2022-05-25 223434.jpg
Message 8 of 65 (3,156 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sim has they/them pronouns but the majority of the time the game refers to them as she/her in the pop ups. e.g. when they get a promotion or a level up a skill. When you go back into CAS it resets and the pop ups change back to they/them

Message 9 of 65 (3,073 Views)

★ Novice

My sim Witi uses they/them pronouns, but in the “acquired the painting skill” pop up, their pronouns area correctly used 1/2 times. 

Message 10 of 65 (3,023 Views)