Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

by PhoenixDragon24

Original Post

Custom pronoun not applying - Wants/Fears Notifications

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Sim uses they/them pronouns. Problem in a "fear" text sayin "they is". 

Message 1 of 7 (2,741 Views)

Re: Custom pronoun not applying - Wants/Fears Notifications

Community Manager

Hello @linzrob72,

Thank you for this report! I've split your post off from the main thread just to help us track this further. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 7 (2,320 Views)

★★ Novice

They/them pronouns

Want in relation to dead end job says "they loves their job" when it should be "they love their job."

Message 3 of 7 (2,306 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • He/Him pronouns
  • "Become friends with [sim name]" whim says "...to get to know his" instead of "...to get to know him"
  • Image link: https://imgur.com/a/0frcAJB
Message 4 of 7 (1,886 Views)

★ Novice

my sim is currently using They/Them Pronouns.

When the fear of unfilled dreams pops up for the fear it uses "her" pronouns instead of their

But I have another sim in the same household that also uses they/them pronouns but the Unfulfilled fear popped up also but used they/them pronouns. so sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't I am not sure what that is about.

Message 5 of 7 (1,462 Views)

Pronoun not applying - Wants/Fears notifications

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Werewolves, High School Years, Desert Luxe, Pastel Pop, Everyday Clutter
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with they/them pronouns Send them to work
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim gets the Dead-End Job fear, the notification reads "their".
What do you expect to see? Should read "them".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. pronouns update

Fear of dead-end job: "their" should be "them".

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 12.23.35 PM.png

(Please merge with the other "pronoun not applying - wants/fears notifications" thread-- I found it but the reply buttons don't show for me)

Message 6 of 7 (1,020 Views)

"Fear of Being Cheated On" trait pronoun bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, cats and dogs, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a character with they/them pronouns, acquire the "Fear of being cheated on" trait, view the trait description from the simology panel
What happens when the bug occurs? Description of the trait has the wrong grammar for they/them pronouns. "[name] needs to talk with their partner and soon. Otherwise, [name]'s relationship will continue to have problems unless they finds a way to deal with it"
What do you expect to see? "[name] needs to talk with their partner and soon. Otherwise, [name]'s relationship will continue to have problems unless they find a way to deal with it"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

"they finds" should be "they find" to make a grammatically correct sentence in the trait description of "Fear of Being Cheated On"

Message 7 of 7 (597 Views)