Custom pronoun not applying - Moodlets

by hOOntArr1

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

★★★ Novice

I'm using they/them pronouns for two of my sims and I'm overall just seeing a lot of "they likes" and "thereself", overall just a lot of incorrect grammar.

One notable error I just got though is with the "Energetic Alignment" moodlet. "Hayden feels alive! Fulfilled! Life is going on around their and she's part of it!" So my sim is also misgendered. 

Image file is apparently too large but that's word for word what the moodlet said.

Message 11 of 87 (1,484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Which pronouns are you using? they/them

Where are they not being applied? In certain moodlets initially - the ones I nabbed screenshots of were dizzy and sparkling clean surroundings. However, after opening up my web browser and going back to the game the pronouns had changed to the correct ones, albeit with a grammatical issue in dizzy.

Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Yep - see below!

https://imgur.com/xPLaI5V

https://imgur.com/bkTEpTD

https://imgur.com/6pnawvP

https://imgur.com/gi5utcW

Message 12 of 87 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Grammar issues are tough, I know.
Here's an example of a status being a little wonky with the default they/them pronouns.
It should say:
<Insert sim's name> is in their element! And because they are doing something they prefer, increased their fun gain!

Changes have been highlighted in red.

Message 13 of 87 (1,267 Views)

★★ Novice

Found another instance where the same sim is mispronouned. This time in the moodlet section.

Message 14 of 87 (1,254 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sim has he/him pronouns, but "I Love Fitness!" moodlet says she/her 

Message 15 of 87 (1,202 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Pronouns: they/them

Type bug: incorrect grammar

Where the bug is: hovering over the "love writing" moodlet that is boosting Confident

Screenshot attached.

Message 16 of 87 (1,165 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Pronouns: they/them

Type bug: misgendering (game uses he/him instead of they/them)

Where the bug is: hovering over the "love writing" moodlet boosting Energized

Screenshot attached.

Message 17 of 87 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was playing with a new save and made one of my sims a toddler. I decided the mom was gonna be one of those parents doing the gender-neutral raising thing I've seen happening a lot lately, and gave the toddler they/them pronouns. However, when my main sim went to potty train her toddler, and they had an accident, the moodlet used the wrong pronoun. Note: This was after saving and exiting then reloading the game, as I had to adjust some things and restart. This seems important, as I've seen others mention this happening right after reloading the save file.

The moodlet in question:

misgendered toddler.png

To make sure I was correct and that the sim was labelled properly in CAS, I hopped in to check. They were, in fact, set as they/them, shown here:

pronoun confirm.PNG

After this, I left CAS. I happened to look back and see the moodlet again. After exiting out of CAS, it seemed fixed. But unfortunately, we seem to have another issue, one that I kinda had a feeling would happen with they/them pronouns. However, this is a separate issue, so I'll make a separate reply as asked in the first message on the thread.

Message 18 of 87 (1,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In addition to my other problem, I also noticed a grammatical error, one that I kinda saw coming with they/them pronouns. While they/them can be applied to one person, it's still a plural pronoun, meaning that the words surrounding it need to change from pronouns like he or she or it, which are all singular. However, there is no way of letting the game know that the pronoun is grammatically plural, leading to issues like this.

they is.png

Grammatically, that should be "they are" instead of "they is." I believe that what's happening is that the game is just doing a find-and-replace for the pronouns selected, except that doesn't change the words around it. I believe the solution for this would be, in the pronouns menu, add an option to select "plural/singular" to determine if it should be "is" or "are" in a situation like this. For the three defaults, this would be set automatically, of course, but then for custom ones everyone could choose which one fits that set of pronouns best. Otherwise, we're gonna be stuck with an annoying "they is" situation for eternity.

Message 19 of 87 (1,096 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"I love mischief" moodlet for they/them says "they is" and "they prefers"

Message 20 of 87 (1,103 Views)