Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

by cmfatvczel4h

Original Post

Custom pronoun not applying - Moodlets

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure anyone has addressed this, but no adjustments to the pronouns work properly for anyone younger than Young Adult, as far as I can tell. 

I am using They/Them for a child sim. 

Shows up in any of the notifications about them, and all their moodlets. 

Unfortunately, I can't, but I think you get the idea. 

Overall, a wonderful addition to the Sims! Thank you so much. 

Message 3 of 87 (7,258 Views)

Pronoun not applying - They/Them - Inheritance Notification.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Married For Money Buff with They_Them Pronouns

Hello. My Sim has the They/Them pronouns and this is a screenshot of the "Married for Money" buff you get after accepting the offer to get an inheritance from some relative if you marry within 7 days.

The string ID is 0x8F17D981 and the raw text is:

{0.SimFirstName} accepted the offer of a giant inheritance over the phone, but now {M0.he}{F0.she} has only 7 days to get married to satisfy the hidden conditions of the reward. Why does this always seem to happen to {M0.him}{F0.her}!?

I have been informed that the verb should eventually be automatically fixed?, but as you can see beyond the has/have problem, at the end, the algorithm has incorrectly determined that him/her corresponds to the possessive and not the oblique case of pronouns.

Thank you for your time and I hope that these things improve. I know just how hard it is to implement something like this and I want to thank you all for the effort you've put in to making this system be as backwards compatible as possible, which I know could not have been an easy task.

Message 1 of 87 (8,446 Views)

Pronoun not applying - Custom - Another day, Another Entry Moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
  • Which pronouns are you using? -- custom pronouns, ze/hir
  • Where are they not being applied? -- the "another day, another entry" moodlet after writing in a journal still reads "helps Morgyn relieve his emotions"
Message 2 of 87 (7,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim uses custom pronouns, and randomly after bun finished a knitting project, the moodlet would say "she." In addition, when the knitting notification said bun had finished, it also said: "she." I can't add any images, as the problem went away shortly thereafter. I don't know if this was a one-time bug or anything, but I thought to report it.

Message 4 of 87 (7,242 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - They/Them

Community Manager
Hi @leroidetout,

Thank you for letting us know, your post has been split off from the main thread for tracking purposes.

solaire.png

Message 5 of 87 (7,052 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - Custom

Community Manager
Hi @98ommyijx77t,

Thank you for your report! Your post has been split off from the main thread for tracking purposes.

solaire.png

Message 6 of 87 (7,057 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - They/Them

Community Manager
Hi @hOOntArr1,

Thanks so much for the report! I've split your post from the main thread so we can track this further.

solaire.png

Message 7 of 87 (7,062 Views)

★★★ Novice

They/them

The pronouns are grammatically incorrect in the Excellent Holiday buff.

Message 8 of 87 (7,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a toddler that uses They/Them pronouns and when their angry and you hover over the word “Angry” it says “Tina is angry calm their down” 

Message 9 of 87 (7,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The pronouns I set (two sims use they/them and two use custom sets) aren't working on either the moodlets or on the notification wall. I tried with all my mods removed, and it still happened. And I was really looking forwards to this, too. Frown

Message 10 of 87 (6,998 Views)