Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

by TheKrimsonNight

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My sim uses she/her pronouns and has a masculine frame body, this is the first instance I have observed in my gameplay of a pronoun issue, though this is also my first time playing with this save extensively. I observed the error in a pop-up about likes and dislikes, picture is attached and he/him pronouns were used instead of she/her. Thank you sims team for working to make the game more inclusive, it is much appreciated!

A pop-up in game with a title reading "It Begins..." and body text reading "Nothing beats the feeling of crushing that final boss level. Whenever Reese is gaming he is as one with the universe. Is it safe to say he Likes Video Gaming?"

Message 21 of 33 (527 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Which pronouns are you using?

My sims Jakee uses she/her pronouns.

• Where are they not being applied?

When a like or dislike popped up about fitness in game.

Message 22 of 33 (457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uses She/Her pronouns. "Likes ___ Music" notification used He/Him pronouns. Screenshot attached. 

Thank you for working on improving pronoun use! 

Message 23 of 33 (444 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there! Just saw this pop-up for my sim that uses they/them pronouns. Thanks! 

Message 24 of 33 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

Pronouns: they/them

Problem: the prompt to set a cooking skill preference uses the wrong tense ("they likes" instead of "they like")

Message 25 of 33 (413 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • They/them
  • Pop-up asking if they like writing
  • screenshot attached

(sorry if I submitted this one already! I can't remember for sure if so, but it came up today so I wanted to include it just in case)

Message 26 of 33 (436 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
  • They/Them
  • Likes/Dislikes pop up has awkward grammar ("they likes fishing")
Message 27 of 33 (404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim uses they/them pronouns.

A 'does this sim dislike handiness' pop-up. Uses they but should probably say "admit that they Dislike Handiness" instead of "admit that they Dislikes Handiness."

Message 28 of 33 (453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim uses they/them pronouns.
A 'does this sim like cooking' pop-up that uses "does they" and "they likes cooking."

Message 29 of 33 (401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm using custom pronouns for my sim (fleur/fleurs), and I got a pop-up for fleur liking the gaming skill. The pop-up uses she/her pronouns instead of my custom pronouns. Thank you!

Message 30 of 33 (464 Views)