Custom pronoun not applying - Career Notifications

by asgoreagenda

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

★★★★★ Newbie

(comment 2)

• Which pronouns are you using? They/them 
  • Where are they not being applied? missing work message, using she/her when it should be they/them for all instances except one
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Screenshot is attached
Message 81 of 96 (1,075 Views)

★★ Novice

They/them pronouns

Notification about being promoted to Champion Bodybuilder says "They has received the following bonus" instead of "they have".

Screenshot is attached.

Message 82 of 96 (779 Views)

★ Novice
  • Using the base game they/them pronouns on a character who is AFAB / is marked as female.
  • Pop-ups for career related things, they get referred to as she/her instead of the correct pronouns.
  • Screenshot attached.

very cool to add in these pronoun customization options, even if they aren't totally functional. it's definitely a step in the right direction!

Message 83 of 96 (946 Views)

★ Novice
  • Sim uses they/them pronouns, is AFAB / gender marked as female.
  • Career-related notification after making a decision from a career pop-up.
  • Screenshot attached.
Message 84 of 96 (809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pronouns used: They/Them

Grammatical error. Tech Guru career level seven, start up entrepreneur branch. Says "they is" instead of "they are"

Message 85 of 96 (828 Views)

★ Novice

My sim uses they/them pronouns

My sims career is the engineering career from University pack in case that help also.

A popup for how long has it been? (Sims name) can't help but wonder if this career is right for their. "Their" should be Them.

Pic attached.

Thank you so much for implementing this feature. I know you all are using the sims community to help fix any issues that come up or arise. I am really happy that I can now how my sims be like me. Thank you so much.

Message 86 of 96 (732 Views)

★★ Novice

- I'm using they/them pronouns

- Most of the descriptions in the entertainer career use they/them really clumsily or just use she instead (especially "she's"), my sim has a feminine frame

Message 87 of 96 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really appreciate the idea of this, firstly. But I have an ISSUE

I made a Sim based off myself. Set the pronouns to they/them. Which by ALL counts should work, but some text uses she/her instead, which is really off-putting as a trans person, obviously. I have a screenshot for proof

I WOULD complain about the grammar, but I understand that is small error that doesnt bug me. However, I check the career and suddenly, SHE has talent? What? I just wanna play the silly life simulator game without getting misgendered man. 

Message 88 of 96 (1,029 Views)

★ Guide

Grammatical issue with they/them pronouns in tech start up career notification. My sim had an advantage from university and climbed up the rank and received this bonus. This screenshot is from August 2023.

I think it should say "They were given a startup bonus" instead of "they was..."

Message 89 of 96 (406 Views)

★ Guide

Grammatical issue with they/them pronouns in level 10 job description of tech start up entrepreneur. This screenshot is from September 2023.

I think it should say "...they are is confident they deserve deserves it. Everything they touch touches turns to gold. Doors open when they so much as glance glances at them."

Message 90 of 96 (404 Views)