Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

by jul010101

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Jobs for sims with they/them pronouns say "they starts"

Message 31 of 97 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GtW, GT, City Living, Seasons, GF, DU, Vampires, RoM, Parenthood, Strangerville, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim with customized pronouns, save and quit, then load the save file again
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is consistently referred to with incorrect pronouns until they are viewed in CAS
What do you expect to see? Sim should be referred to with their correct pronouns
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pronoun update

Pronouns: They/Them

Where: Everywhere after quitting and loading the save file, before entering CAS.

To try out this update, I created a Sim who uses they/them pronouns. I played with them and their partner for a while, and everything was fine.

Then I quit the game to take a break, and when I loaded the save file later that night, the game consistently referred to them as he/him, even in strings that had gendered them correctly previously. For example, the 9:22 PM screenshot, which had referred to them as they before.

I was confused, so I went to CAS to see if their pronouns had somehow been changed. Nope, still there (screenshot timestamp: 9:30). So I left CAS without changing anything, and then after that the game started gendering them correctly (see 9:52 PM screenshot, which also contains grammatical errors).

When I quit the game that night and came back to it in the morning, the same thing happened. The game referred to Keller as he until I looked at them in CAS, when the game corrected itself.

Same issue as TheSmileyFisch, RaspberryGelato, and jul010101 are talking about; hopefully my screenshots and details can help.

Message 32 of 97 (1,088 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim uses they/them pronouns.

When they have a scientific breakthrough (scientist career), the message uses 'his' instead of 'their'. (It was same with their first breakthrough.)

Message 33 of 97 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

More issues yay 

My sim uses she/her pronouns but random parts of the game keep applying he/him pronouns. Most of these are just work/school pop ups but one is from exploring the Forgotten Grotto.

Message 34 of 97 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Which pronouns are you using? - He/They via custom pronouns
  • Where are they not being applied? - work notification 
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Message 35 of 97 (972 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Which pronouns are you using? - he/they via custom pronouns
  • Where are they not being applied? - work pop-up
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Message 36 of 97 (962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sim using they/them pronouns just started a new job in the Politian career. The notification says "They starts Monday...", when it should say "They start Monday...". Just something I've noticed! Thanks.

Message 37 of 97 (1,036 Views)

★★★★ Novice

- Custom pronouns, zie/hir

- The notification for scientist breakthroughs reads "his sixth breakthrough" instead of "hir sixth breakthrough"

Message 38 of 97 (936 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Pronouns: they/them

Situation not applied (game uses he/him instead): notification that my sim has earned money on their day off.

Screenshot attached.

Message 39 of 97 (929 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Pronouns: they/them

Situation not applied (game uses he/him instead): notification that my sim has come home from work (working in the astronaut career level 1).

Screenshot attached.

Message 40 of 97 (943 Views)