by grimmace2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom arcade issue after September update

★★★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Today, I tried out the new update in a match of custom arcade. The first match was fine, however when I wanted to play again a bug occured. I was playing onslaught with the settings adjusted so that I could only choose heroes or special units to play as (see screenshot for all used settings). When I finished the match and clicked on the "play again" button the new match started, however I was unable to choose a character and spawned in directly as a assault trooper. Apparently, it does not matter which character you choose or which settings you are using, because the assault trooper was not even an option with the settings I applied for custom arcade.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Julybil
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 9-25-2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 3:30 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play custom arcade on the settings that can be seen in the screenshot below (it would likely work on other settings as well) and play a match and click the "play again" button. The next match will start, however you are unable to choose your hero/villain and will directly be assigned to the assault class. All other settings remain similar to the previous match.
What happens when the bug occurs? The next match will start, however you are unable to choose your hero/villain and will directly be assigned to the assault class. All other settings remain similar to the previous match.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see custom arcade working again as it was before the new update was deployed.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

If anyone has more information about this bug or tested different settings, please comment below.

Message 1 of 15 (1,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom arcade issue after September update

★★★★ Guide

This bug has been fixed with the deployment of the General Grievous update.

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,132 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

Same issue when playing custom arcade on XBox One.  Was able to select my class the first time, every subsequent match automatically started as assault.

Message 2 of 15 (1,261 Views)

★ Guide
Same on PS4, Arcade just keeps getting new bugs..
Message 3 of 15 (1,243 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @We_are_demons @Julybil @grimmace2, if you re-spawn can you choose what hero/villain to play with or are they till locked ?

/Atic 

Message 4 of 15 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No idea, I was farming.  My intent was to die quickly and respawn quickly.  The bug actually worked in my favor Wink

Message 5 of 15 (1,232 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Atic If I respawn I can choose hero/villain/class, but only if Last stand option is turned off (if it is on it means I have only one life, there is no respawning). Please fix this bug for the next update, it creates unnecessary hassle for players and removes choice of character if player selects "Play again".
Message 6 of 15 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Guide

Nothing in Arcade was modded so of course it's completely screwed up now. The bug list caused by this patch is actually 3x longer than the "fixes" which none work anyway.

Message 7 of 15 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here, PC user. Please fix, terribly annoying. Worked fine before the Squad update. Thank you in advance EA. Standard smile

Message 8 of 15 (1,090 Views)

Message 9 of 15 (1,051 Views)

★ Apprentice
Still broken as of October Hot Fix. I guess daily credit farming will just be annoying for another month...Or more. Frown
Message 10 of 15 (993 Views)