Custom Game requiring more players than minimum to start (Battlefield V PS4)

by totallyrin

Original Post

Custom Game requiring more players than minimum to start (Battlefield V PS4)

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? #99883
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/2020
Summarize your bug Want to start Squad Conquest with 3 other friends (4 people total). The minimum should be 4 players. I select 4 players as the minimum, and start the game, but the game will not start without 6 players (3 on each team), even when all 4 of us join, 2 on each team. Therefore the game cannot start.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to configure a Community Game. Set the gamemode as Squad Conquest, 16 players. Set the minimum player start count to the bare minimum of 4. Start the game. At the top it will require 3 players on each team.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will not start without 6 players (3 on each team), even when all 4 of us join, 2 on each team. Therefore the game cannot start.
What should be happening instead? The game should be starting with 4 players minimum.

I want to start Squad Conquest with 3 other friends (4 people total). The minimum should be 4 players. I select 4 players as the minimum, and start the game, but the game will not start without 6 players (3 on each team), even when all 4 of us join, 2 on each team. Therefore the game cannot start.

Message 1 of 8 (2,159 Views)

Re: Custom Game requiring more players than minimum to start (Battlefield V PS4)

★★ Apprentice
@totallyrin Happens on PC also and with other modes as well they require at least 16 players to start (8 each side) even when set to 4 player start, noticed this started happening after 6.0 update and post on forum about it to dice has still not been responded to yet.
Message 2 of 8 (2,088 Views)

Re: Custom Game requiring more players than minimum to start (Battlefield V PS4)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

This is an issue the Battlefield team is aware of and investigating. When you've got a chance I'd recommend taking a look at the Battlefield V QOL tracker for more info on the issues the team is investigating. 

Thanks for bearing with us on this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 8 (2,062 Views)

Initial server start screen says 8v8 but server doesn't start until 10v10

★ Guide

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080 TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 gigs
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? shadowplay for fps counter
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? 57368
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3/4/20 9:30 est
Summarize your bug Server count down began when both side had 8v8, but when it transitioned to the squad screen the countdown stopped until it was 10v10. This is a bit frustrating because a few people left during this point and we had to wait at the squad select screen till there was 20 people in the server
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start a fresh server with 16 people and 20 people
What happens when the bug occurs? Server wouldn't fully start until 20 people were in the server even though it says 8v8(16 people) are required to start the server
What should be happening instead? Server didnt start until it was 10 on each side instead of 8

video of sitting in squad screen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSQ5Qm7CpRk

Message 4 of 8 (2,091 Views)

Re: Initial server start screen says 8v8 but server doesn't start until 10v10

★★★ Expert
@235Nuke Got this myself as well but notice I'm using more the advanced search to join a server lately instead of matchmaking.
Message 5 of 8 (2,032 Views)

Re: Initial server start screen says 8v8 but server doesn't start until 10v10

★ Guide

I started working from home last week, and being on early there are no East Coast servers up.  So Ive been trying to get an Stock Conquest EC server up if I'm on early enough. They tend to be the best to play with buddies from both the Eu and West Coast US on.

Message 6 of 8 (2,013 Views)

[BUG] Community Game Minimum Player Setting is Bugged

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Origin, Discord, Nvidia Shadowplay
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Community game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.04.20 21:00 (but likely since patch 6.2)
Summarize your bug Minimum player amount settings for community games are bugged.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to create ANY community game
What happens when the bug occurs? The community game creator completely disregards the set minimum amount of players required to start a community game. It also allows setting the minimum to invalid amounts for some game modes.
What should be happening instead? The set amount of minimum players should actually apply.

It doesn't matter what you set the minimum amount of players needed to start community games. It will completely disregard it.

I tried setting up a community game of squad conquest last night with three other people, having set the server to require a minimum of four people to start the game, yet when we loaded into it, it required six players total to actually start. We double and triple checked the settings, and one of the others tried to start a game too, and it made no difference.

The community game creator also allows you to set a minimum player count required as low as four for 64-player matches, though this doesn't actually matter, as once it loads, it still requires sixteen players total to start.

I've tried starting squad conquest community games before the latest patch went live, and back then, it actually applied the correct minimum.

Fortunately for us, we managed to find two extra players to actually start the game.

Message 7 of 8 (2,012 Views)

Re: [BUG] Community Game Minimum Player Setting is Bugged

★★★★★ Novice

Just for good measure, here's the fullscreen version of the third screenshot, as well as a screenshot of a four-player minimum for a 64-player conquest match.

Message 8 of 8 (2,004 Views)