Re: Cursor stops working in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

"Solution" did not help. I wasted hours making a Sim I cannot save!!

Message 83 of 121 (1,503 Views)

★★ Novice

Nothing has worked for me. I have tried all of the suggestions. I am playing on a laptop with Windows 8.

I cannot get past CAS because I cannot even get through it. Scrolling camera mouse happens randomly according to no pattern. Why would a game be released if it has as many glitches as I have read? A patch needs to be made to fix this.

Faithful Simmer since day one.

Sims is the only game I like.

I got this a Christmas gift and cannot return it.

HELP. US.

Message 84 of 121 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too.  I am running on a laptop under Windows 8.1.  The solution given does not work for me.  I am very disappointed as this was a Christmas present and now I can't play it reliably.  PLEASE fix this bug. 

Message 85 of 121 (1,446 Views)

Mouse is CAS stops working

★★ Novice
When in the create-a-sim the mouse stops working and changes from a regular cursor to a camera cursor that only let's me rotate my sim. This means that I cannot quit and have to ctrl alt delete and am unable to play. I quit and restarted the game only to find that it happened again but only much sooner. I was wondering whether this will be fixed eventually/is being worked on? I will be very disappointed if it doesn't get fixed and I wasted so much money on the preordered game I have been looking forward to for months.
Message 81 of 121 (1,459 Views)

Re: Mouse is CAS stops working

★★★ Newbie
This is exactly what happeneds to me I really want to play a game but I can't even get through doing one person!.
Message 82 of 121 (1,454 Views)

Hero

@Adriana388 Merged your thread. Check if any of the suggestions in this thread work for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 121 (1,442 Views)

★★ Novice
Do you know if EA or Maxis have stated anything regarding this issue?
Message 87 of 121 (1,431 Views)

Re: Mouse is CAS stops working

★★ Novice
I figured out how to half play the game by using sims that were already made in the gallery, if you are really quick at picking them in CAS gallery, however this still isn't really good enough, I hope that it is fixed soon. And no unfortunately none of these solutions have worked so far Frown
Message 88 of 121 (1,406 Views)

Hero

@Glokagemami wrote:
Do you know if EA or Maxis have stated anything regarding this issue?

No, I've forwarded it but I've not heard anything

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 121 (1,399 Views)

Mouse dosnt work on sims 4

★★★ Newbie
I've only got the game today (28/12/14) and I haven't even been able to create one sim let alone play anymore of the game. Every time Im in the middle of creating the sim, the mouse working and all I'm able to do is turn my sim, a video camera icon pops up too inbetween the left and right arrow to move the sim round. I've had to restart my computer every time this has happened is there anything I can do to stop this happening or make the mouse work again when the video camera icon pops up ?
Message 90 of 121 (1,374 Views)