★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Cataclysm
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16/10/2019 around 11 pm CET
Summarize your bug Lost my primary and minor crystals after starting the game, noticed it happened after the 1.5.0 patch.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by checking if your cataclysm crystals all droped to 0
What happens when the bug occurs? all main and minor crystals are 0
What should be happening instead? having the latest crystals before the patch, that were not spent.

After the lateste Anthem update (1.5.0) all my crystals earned from the cataclysm and that i didn't spend were lost (back to 0). PLEASE answer if you experienced the same issue.

Message 1 of 10 (1,964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crytals bug after 1.5.0 patch ?

★★★★ Guide

@reden911  AJ had mentioned in the previous community cortex that all the crystals will disappear before the new seasonal event. Jesse even sent out a warning on Twitter to spend all the (pink) crystals before the maintenance before patch 1.5 was released.

You now get new gray crystals.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,933 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@reden911  AJ had mentioned in the previous community cortex that all the crystals will disappear before the new seasonal event. Jesse even sent out a warning on Twitter to spend all the (pink) crystals before the maintenance before patch 1.5 was released.

You now get new gray crystals.

Message 2 of 10 (1,934 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok now it’s clear thanks... i don’t understand why the customer service didn’t give me such an obvious answer and claimed that my crystals were « used ». Shameful support.

thanks mate.

Message 3 of 10 (1,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had more than 100,000 minor crystals and 20 major crystals So for those of us that had banked a lot of crystals from Echoes of Reality and who DONT read twitter and who dont know what a community cortex is, we're basically screwed.... I mean seriously, WHY in Gods name change the crystals. Just keep the bloody pink crystals. If you MUST introduce new crystal colours why wasnt there some conversion mechanism to convert Pink crystals into Gray crystals. Or some mechanism to allow players to buy gray crystals with existing pink crystals. This is totally moronic. Whats the point in grinding for loot if the loot is going to get wiped for each season. Seriously this is very bad call. I registered to create this post. Massively pissed off. I'm done with the game unless my missing 100,000 crystals can be converted to gray. I've defended the game long enough. I feel like Ive been stabbed in the back. Sharperkiller

Message 4 of 10 (1,524 Views)

★★ Novice

Completely agree with you dude.. and sorry for you. Still can feel your pain although i lost much less actually.. but this is absolutely not normal and anti-gaming. Developers should consider seriously such an obvious and unbearable issue.  And I want to say again, I am really angry against the customer support, for their answer regarding that : they told me « the crystals were used for in game purchase » and i have no clue how they figured this out. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,517 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is a glaring oversight by the Community Manager and Dev's. 3rd Party Products should NOT be the default channel for finding news like this. It should be a big damn warning when you first log into Anthem that this is occurring, a pop-up of sorts that occurs every time until you select "disable," warning to spend crystals that are going to perm. disappear.

Message 6 of 10 (1,394 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What I dont understand is...

...why is there even the option to change 1 Major crystal in to 500 minor crystals if since 1.5 they removed all banked red crystals AND you cannot actually earn any Major grey crystals as far as I can tell.

Makes absolutely no sense!

Can anyone shed some light on this? Whats the point in the Major to Minor crystal conversion in the seasonal shop anymore?

Message 7 of 10 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@AnaLoGMunKy  I do not understand it either. The only ideas I have come up with are that a future challenge in the Season of Skulls will grant major crystals as rewards; or the item is there so the store looks better stocked. Wondering Confused

Message 8 of 10 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@daemontonio Thats pretty much all I can think of too. Funny thing is, its so much better without Major crystals!
Message 9 of 10 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@XSharperKillerXThe original patch notes specifically state that the crystals were seasonal currency.
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/update-130
The season was extended for a bit until the next season started. That was also in a note. At that point, did you not think it might be a good idea to start spending most of what you had? There is always a link to the patch notes when a new patch comes out, in the 'News' feed when you start the game. Do you ever look at that?

I’m sorry you lost that currency, but the info was out there and not just on Twitter. The store was called the 'Seasonal Store' for a reason. Most MMOs and even Destiny have a currency that goes poof when a seasonal event ends, this is nothing new in these types of games. Did you have friends to discuss your plan to save all those crystals? Did everyone do the same thing as you?

Message 10 of 10 (955 Views)