Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crypto Drone Not Working

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lynnyburd
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Crypto
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Geyser
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landing from drop ship, I landed on the mountain next to Geyser and then jumped off into the area.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Six or seven
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.11.19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My drone does not charge as Crypto instead it stays stuck at the amount shown. I played four or five matches before giving up. My emp loads but is not usable at all because my drone is entirely broken.
What should be happening instead? The drone should be charging
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am unsure? Recreate I guess dropping out, landing on that mountain then dropping in as Crypto?

No additional info. The drone will not charge after landing out of bounds at Geyser (on the mountain) then jumping in. Has not charged in any game since. EMP still charges but cannot be used. Crypto is literally unusable on my account rn.

Message 1 of 12 (2,518 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crypto Drone Not Working

★ Novice

So I posted this on ap3xlegends subreddit and I was told to give it a minute or so and then just hit L1, or whatever corresponding button, like it is available and charged. It should work. Then it will work properly from then on. 

This worked for me, not sure it will for everyone but I hope.

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (2,316 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I created an entire thread on Twitter cataloguing it too if you need to see a video of it not charging.

https://twitter.com/linnyburd/status/1193317410222329862?s=21

Message 2 of 12 (2,506 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Is there still no response to this?

Message 3 of 12 (2,445 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope and my Crypto still isnt functional. 🤣

Message 4 of 12 (2,442 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Real glad I played the game trying to unlock the character to have a useless one....... haha. * it I guess. Sorry to hear about your troubles but you're not alone. Hahaha

Message 5 of 12 (2,438 Views)

★★ Novice

I am both happy and sad not to be alone lol. Thank you for letting me know and if it helps Crypto is a ton of fun when he works!!! 

Message 6 of 12 (2,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It looks like its recharging but whenever I try to recall it the quip wheel comes up

Message 7 of 12 (2,347 Views)

★★ Novice

Havent had that one happen yet o.o. mine wont charge at all. Crypto why you struggling?

Message 8 of 12 (2,339 Views)

★ Novice

So I posted this on ap3xlegends subreddit and I was told to give it a minute or so and then just hit L1, or whatever corresponding button, like it is available and charged. It should work. Then it will work properly from then on. 

This worked for me, not sure it will for everyone but I hope.

Message 9 of 12 (2,317 Views)

★★ Novice

That worked! Thank you so much!!!!

Message 10 of 12 (2,259 Views)