Re: Crosshair and scope functionality breaks after using an ability on heavy whi

by bluefalcon52

Original Post

Crosshair and scope functionality breaks after using an ability on heavy while n

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Crosshair and scope functionality breaks after using an ability on heavy while night vision is equipped.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/21/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 8:20pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Equip night vision scope on the FWMB-10K heavy weapon, then use the barrage or ion torpedo abilities.
What happens when the bug occurs? Crosshair returns to default non-scope state and sometimes night vision will no longer highlight enemies.
What do you expect to see? The replaced crosshair for the scope and highlighted enemies while it is equipped.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

When the night vision scope is equipped on the FWMB-10K heavy class weapon, using class abilities (i noticed it with iron torpedo and barrage) returns the crosshair to its default state as if no scope is equipped, and the zoom appears to be reduced. It also sometimes no longer highlights enemies while  scoped in.

This bug has a 100% reproduce rate and can be done by doing the following:

Equip the night vision scope on the FWMB-10K heavy weapon. Scope in once. Activate barrage or ion torpedo. When the ability has been used the bug will happen. 

Message 1 of 7 (774 Views)

Re: Crosshair and scope functionality breaks after using an ability on heavy whi

Hero

I believe you're experiencing two different issues:

1) crosshair

2) highlighting when in night vision

The night vision issue has already been reported in another bug report in the forum (search "thermal").  I suggest you add your details to that one and select "Me too". Posts with more "Me too" flags will get more attention from EA.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 7 (735 Views)

Betreff: Crosshair and scope functionality breaks after using an ability on heav

★★ Novice

The bug appears not only with barrage or ion Torpedo also with MPL grenade launcher.

Message 3 of 7 (719 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same Problem and it was really annoying spending lots of hours on earning the achievement for the night Vision scope and its still not working 

pls fix it 

Message 4 of 7 (716 Views)

★ Guide

Here is the thread for any thermal imaging functionality issues, go ahead and add your specific experiences with the night vision scope

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Not-working-Thermal-Signatures-Binoculars-NV-optics-Boba-Fett/...

Message 5 of 7 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i experienced something very similar with the DC15le and the extended range attachment. it would also use the stock reticle instead of the better cross-hair  and in first person the scope wasn't even attached. the only way i found to fix it was using my sentry card which is very annoying having to use one of my abilities just to get the proper sight.

Message 6 of 7 (679 Views)

★ Guide

I have even had both crosshairs projected at the same time:

Message 7 of 7 (671 Views)