Creating a family bug

by PaNDiee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Creating a family bug

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Today I was starting a new game and family. A spouse, husband and their daughter. Then i've created a men with two child. I wanted this man to be the spouse's brother but i cant change the relations. Wont let me! I click "brother" and nothing happens! Just stays as roomate. I tried by creating a twin in genetics and I cant change it either! I have no mods, no cc and its fully patched! I didnt use the CAS cheat cause I cant create a family that i wanted to play with.

Edit: Deleted all the sims and put one by one... all as roomates.. then add the relationship between them and it worked, but is kind weird that we cant change relations on pre made families.

Message 1 of 6 (3,699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Creating a family bug

★★ Novice
It was fixed months ago, they addressed it in a patch. I've found the game a bit cold compared to 3, though, then RSI flared up thanks to all the right clicking it takes to create a sim, so doing well, all in Tongue out

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (4,098 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Might be the same issue that is still messup up the relationships

I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,675 Views)

★★ Novice

Hope it's okay to add to an existing thread, I'm having the same problem. I have a family of 7 sims with two sets of siblings and one from each pair is married with three kids so there are quite a few different relationships.

I had no problem a few days ago making them siblings, spouses, parents/children, uncle/nephew and uncle/niece, but now when I try to re-create them (I wasn't happy with a few things), I can only select half the options. Sometimes if I try to choose brother, it stays as roommate, another time I try to choose something for one sim, but it changes the relationship with the sim above them in the list as if my mouse isn't configured right.

I don't know if the way you make the sim has anything to do with it as I create a son by making a twin of the father, then changing his age. That's the only way I can get the perfect face and when I first made the family last week, I did by choosing child from the new sim dropdown and selecting the two parent sims whose genetics I needed.

I have tried a few things like saving the two pairs of siblings separately, or each sim separately, then merging them bit by bit, but even if the first four work, it messes up on the fifth eg the parents recognise him as their son without me even changing their relationship options, but I can only change one of his parents from roommate to father while his mother stays as roommate despite me clicking mother in the dropdown. I've only got up to 5 sims since this problem started, trying to sort it out before I add the final two kids.

I tried a completely different family, sims I'd downloaded on Mod the Sims, in fact, and there's no problem at all. Whether that's because it's a family of just 3, I don't know.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with custom content as I hadn't got any before the problem began, then after I added some there was no change, and also no change when I removed the custom content again.

Other things I've tried:

Restarted game

Restarted PC

Checked game is up to date with patches

Ran "Fix Game" in Origin and that ran fine.

Removed the cached files except the one that shouldn't be deleted.

It's probably simply a problem with choosing from the dropdown list, but I've added all this detail in case anything is relevant or helpful.

Other details (I read the "help us help you" post, so I hope I've included everything you'd like to know) - using Windows 7 64-bit, DVD version of game, no other errors and no error messages.

Message 3 of 6 (3,669 Views)

Hero

That is not only ok but desirable to post in existing threads if you have the same issue.

Thanks for the detailed report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,657 Views)

Hero

@PaNDiee @FelidaeRyl Is this still an issue for you guys ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,555 Views)

★★ Novice
It was fixed months ago, they addressed it in a patch. I've found the game a bit cold compared to 3, though, then RSI flared up thanks to all the right clicking it takes to create a sim, so doing well, all in Tongue out
Message 6 of 6 (4,099 Views)