Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Created a Character, but NEVER See My Character On Screen? WTH?

by Arsenic_Touch

Original Post

Created a Character, but NEVER See My Character On Screen...Ever

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Through the whole game, story and all, to the point all you have left to do is contracts over and over.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) All times
Summarize your bug At the beginning of the game, I choose my character's face and create a character. How come I have never seen my character's face on the screen when he interacts with other people? What's the point of making a character if you don't ever see them in the cut scenes or whatever? I don't get it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the dude with Blonde hair and then play a Storm. You will never see the guy's face you created in the game at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? Questions come up. Mainly, why do we go to the trouble of creating a character if we never get to see their face in the game? It doesn't make sense.
What should be happening instead? When you make a character in Destiny 2 or Division, you see the full character, face and all, of the persona you made. It should work like that.

At the beginning of the game, I choose my character's face and create a character.   How come I have never ever seen my character's face on the screen when he interacts with other people through the whole storyline?   What's the point of making a character if you don't ever see them in the cut scenes or whatever?    What is going on with this?

Message 3 of 13 (174 Views)

Created a Character, but NEVER See My Character On Screen? WTH?

★★★★★ Apprentice

At the beginning of the game, I choose my character's face and create a character.   How come I have never seen my character's face on the screen when he interacts with other people?   What's the point of making a character if you don't ever see them in the cut scenes or whatever?     I don't get it.  What's up with that?

Message 1 of 13 (157 Views)

Created a Character, but NEVER See My Character On Screen? WTH?

★★★★★ Apprentice

At the beginning of the game, I choose my character's face and create a character.   How come I have never seen my character's face on the screen when he interacts with other people?   What's the point of making a character if you don't ever see them in the cut scenes or whatever?     I don't get it.

Message 2 of 13 (245 Views)

★★★ Guide
most likely will be for something down the road.
Message 4 of 13 (235 Views)

It is my understanding that they may be changing this in the patch, AND if you use stock helmets for your Javs, you often get the face being open in cutscenes.  True they are squished in the face area, but you kinda see them....

Like poster above said, I think they are adding more views of your character later down the road too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 13 (228 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you use the default javelins I believe the helmets have visors that open to reveal your characters face during a story mission cutscenes.

Also, you’ll see it sometimes if there is a long wait time for matching making, I believe.

Besides those, I don’t recall any other times you get to appreciate the character you created.

Message 6 of 13 (149 Views)

Re: Created a Character, but NEVER See My Character On Screen...Ever

★★ Guide

Not really a bug, but worth mentioning.  If we dont ever see our character it doesn't matter if we can select one or not.  You dont have to have a character selection process, Bioware, just because it's an RPG and you feel like you should.

Message 7 of 13 (156 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You do actually get to see yourself in cutscenes, eventually.  Certain missions in the main storyline will have your characters face shown, when the faceplate on your armor opens (not unlike Tony Stark in Ironman, when he occasionally opens the helmet to speak to someone).

Granted, it's very limited in that respect. Perhaps we'll eventually get to see the whole character at some point.

Now, if they could only do something about Faye's crack addict hand waving when we have to talk to her in the Fort.....

Message 8 of 13 (201 Views)

★★ Guide

@RogueMaster wrote:

Now, if they could only do something about Faye's crack addict hand waving when we have to talk to her in the Fort.....

Yes!  You nailed it!.  I couldn't place why it made me so uncomfortable until you mentioned it.  She does appear like she is fiending.  You know, she probably is though.  She heard the Anthem and has been spending all her time trying to hear it again.

Message 9 of 13 (199 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

There are a few times in the story where your visor opens and you can see the face you picked, but only if you're using the base helmet that came with the javelin, the legion of dawn and microtransaction armors don't have the animation, so you'll never see the face if you use them. 

Some people have reported that the game will switch the face you picked to another one. 

Message 10 of 13 (189 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help