Created Male Spellcasters Can't Reproduce

by jsophiak

Original Post

Created Male Spellcasters Can't Reproduce

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a male spellcaster in CAS then try to have him have a baby with another sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Male spellcasters created in CAS can't reproduce. I have checked the pregnancy settings in CAS - that isn't the issue. I have tried forcing a pregnancy using MC command center - that doesn't work. The only way to have them have a child with another sim is to go into CAS and "play with genetics". Any family members generated from the original using "play with genetics" don't appear to have the bug. For example, if I make dad then generate a sibling, parent, or child, the only sim that seems to be unable to reproduce is the initial male spellcaster.
What do you expect to see? I'd like all sims of all occults to have fully functioning interactions such as a successful try for baby interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried without mods and still had the issue. Disclaimer: I had them try about 10 times with no success; that being said, at what point do you give up and say "yup, that's definitely a bug". Maybe I just have really unfertile sims that just so happen to be the male spellcasters that I made in CAS.

Message 1 of 5 (313 Views)

Re: Created Male Spellcasters Can't Reproduce

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jsophiak To be sure: basically you're not having luck getting pregnant ? It's not that the interaction doesn't take place or is missing ?

Did you try placing the sim in a modless new save to see if the same issue occurs there ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Essentially. But all of the sim settings should allow for a pregnancy and I have had them try literally all day for multiple sim days with no luck. Which raises a red flag for me because I don't have this issue with any other life state or male spellcasters that are pre-existing or created through genetics. I literally only have the issue with male spellcasters that I created in CAS as a spellcaster.

Message 3 of 5 (305 Views)

Hero
@jsophiak could you upload your Sim to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (300 Views)

Hero
@jsophiak Did you get a chance to upload your Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (249 Views)