Crazy Latency when taking cover

by Shockz4

Original Post

Crazy Latency when taking cover

★★★ Novice

The present state of the game will allow for user to  take damage even when clearly behind and abundance of cover.

im assuming this is due to the game balancing latency for everyone ..

but there’s no reason for someone to be multiple “body widths” worth of in game characters behind cover, but still take damage / get downed.

- this latency also translates into people taking damage and dying when behind walls and doors

Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)

Re: Crazy Latency when taking cover

★★★★ Expert
@Shockz4 I am happy that I found someone talking about this, so am not crazy after all XD
add to what you mentioned, since this season's start, the game feels very very weird.
I am getting some very strange latency/delay, even when I am playing on low ping, say 32 Ms ping it feels like 150 +.
it's most obvious while looting if I pick up something of the ground it's a few milliseconds for the items to get picked, I press the button and move two steps then the pickup action takes place.
another example is opening doors, when I open a door it gets delayed and the open action is not performed immediately.
the same applies to everything even aiming and shooting are problematic now, in CQC if my opponent starts moving left and right by the time am able to track it to the right he/she will be already on the left.
it's never a 1:1 input.
this is the first season since season 0 I play this game for less than an hour or two tops as am really frustrated because of this and with all respect i really started to hate the game and I don't know what to do and how to fix it

Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)