Re: Crashing when searching with squad and in game.

by Pokende

Original Post

Crashing when searching with squad and in game.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GT 1030
Enter RAM memory size in GB 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? pokende
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. InKonohaWeTrust, JORAVANDAL, Tsybaaa, Linante
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. When the last of squad mates presses ready (whether it's me or not), game freezes for me but match starts for them
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. looting, running
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1-3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I actually have 2 problems 1) This one is strictly PARTY related! When the last of squad mates presses ready (whether it's me or not), game freezes for me but match starts for them. In 15 or so seconds i get crashed to the loading menu with an error. Since there is no reconnect, they are forced to leave the game. This happens every 2-3 games which is extremely frustrating. 2) This one does happen even if i'm playing solo but not as often. Once in 3-4 games when in party and 7-8 when solo. I might be wrong for sure! While in the actual match, game will freeze for 10-15 seconds and then i'll be able to move but everyone around me will be frozen. This will last for 5 seconds after which i am running in place. After 5 seconds i get crashed to the main menu with an error. It seems to happen randomly although i don't think it ever happened during the fight. No loot cluster or intense ability usages, just looting and running.
What should be happening instead? No crashes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My system seems to be better then minimal requirements except from the RAM. I did try tio change settings but it only improved my fps, didn't fix crashes in any way. As to the squad relation i have no idea.

Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Re: Crashing when searching with squad and in game.

★★ Novice

Update:
1) Solo definetly is different from squads. In half a day i've crashed only 3 times (1 in 10+). As soon as I got into a squad = crash in a menu, when we started a game = crash in the match.

2) I've actually started the game without closing Chrome and it made absolutely no difference. RAM might not be a problem.

Message 2 of 2 (245 Views)