Crashing to Desktop No Error

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060 3GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? cooltrain7
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Has happened in many diffrent locations, from dropping in to during a fight.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Its happens randomly at any time and doesn't seem to be linked to a single action
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Its random. Sometimes 1 sometimes 4-5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Many diffrent days before this but also today. 14.12.19 19:45
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game "crashes" to desktop.
What should be happening instead? The game doesn't crash randomly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Due to the random nature all I'm doing is playing the game. Thus steps to repo can't be given.

Game crashes to desktop with no error. Been happening on and off pretty much since launch. Normally atleast once a day for me. No error message is given and last I time I checked nothing was logged in the event viewer. Not really sure what else to do at this point.

Message 1 of 26 (2,173 Views)

Re: Crashing to Desktop No Error

★★★★ Novice

Nothing has changed about this crash so i'm guessing it was never fixed. Likely it still crashes on ps4 too. I don't understand how this wasn't fixed already.

Message 2 of 26 (2,157 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems like such a broad issue to fix, effecting such a wide range of hardware/OS. I really hope they can find a fix for it soon.

Message 3 of 26 (2,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same issues.... im using amd rx 470 gpu. internet connection is fine and my hardware is good, game setting is already low yet for some reasons the game still crashes sometimes

Message 4 of 26 (2,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its most likely a memory crash. Too much texture swapping going on in this game especially on jumps.

Message 5 of 26 (2,114 Views)

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number R9 290
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Jexthis
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith, Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? start of dropship
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. almost always crashes when I am dropmaster it seems
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. seems to be from becoming dropmaster 
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Many diffrent days before this but also today. 2.16ish
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally I wanna say 10% up to 33%
how severe is your issue? yeah
What happens when the bug occurs? The game "crashes" to desktop.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Due to the random nature all I'm doing is playing the game. Thus steps to repo can't be given.

Game crashes to desktop with no error. Been happening on and off pretty much since launch. Normally atleast once a day for me. No error message is given and last I time I checked nothing was logged in the event viewer. Not really sure what else to do at this point.

Message 6 of 26 (2,101 Views)

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 970
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? EZForEnce
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible: Moxerific, 500DaysOfAutumn
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith, Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? 2 Squads Remaining
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Runoff
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was running to get positioned for the final fight
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5 or 6? Not sure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19 1:15 AM
How often does the bug occur? About once daily
how severe is your issue? High
What happens when the bug occurs? The game suddenly closes with no error message
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown

Looking through Event Viewer in Windows, going to Windows Logs > System I see a few instances sourcing from Service Control and FilterManager in which the service "EasyAntiCheatSys" is mentioned. The first instance of this service (Source: Service Control Manager) is of the service being installed into the system at 10:41 PM 14.02.19, when I first booted the game up on this occasion. At the exact same time, FilterManager reports the event "File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T02:26:48.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager."

Then, at 1:08:33AM 15.02.19, the Event "File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T02:26:48.000000000Z) unloaded successfully." occurs. (Source is from FilterManager)

Following this is Service Control Manager at 1:10:29 AM 15.02.19, saying that it has once again installed the EasyAntiCheatSvs in the system, with FilterManager once again saying it is successfully loaded and registered, as though I had just booted the game up. Then at 1:12:37AM 15.02.19, the event "File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T02:26:48.000000000Z) unloaded successfully." occurs (Source: FilterManager), This lines up with the time period when my game closed, and is the only record I can find in the Event Viewer that would show any sort of closing/crashing activity related to Apex.

Message 7 of 26 (2,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just crashed again. Checked the event viewer nothing logged in the Application section for the time of crash but in the windows logs > System. At the time of crash Service Control Manager logged "The Application Experience service entered a running state."

Message 8 of 26 (2,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Regarding your concern with EasyAnticheat and how it successfully loads and unloads, it is behaving like it is supposed to be due to parent process (r5apex.exe in this case) being the one which crashes. after extensive search i concluded that eac isnt a problem in this case, if you are experiencing bad_module_info in event viewer. Gonna post my findings here soon

Message 9 of 26 (2,022 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, 

Like some of you said it is a very broad issue to fix, the community has put together a bunch of things to try to fix this issue here : 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Community-Crashing-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/7447308

Personally it was this tweak that fixed the crashes for me :

• Right-click the speaker Icon in your system tray (bottom left of Windows) then choose Sound > Playback and disable any output device not in use (don't forget to right click show all disconnected / deactivated devices).

You are welcome to put your Dxdiag file into this thread here : 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-without-error/td-p/7421009

as it is monitored by the devs. They have aknowleged the issue and are working on it, we just have to be patient now

Message 10 of 26 (2,015 Views)