Crashing system software

by Kyotsu_Ryutoki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing system software

★★ Novice

Currently. When I install apex it causes my system software to start running sluggish after opening the game. This is not simply slower, but it stutters and crashes the entire system software. The game also often crashes after stuttering for a while. Reinstalling doesn't fix the issue. The first time this happened I had to reinstall my entire system software as it crashed on boot. The last time (today 6/6/21) I needed to uninstall and reboot the system to get it running properly again. Unfortunately I can't seem to play the game at all anymore.

Message 1 of 6 (475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing system software

★★ Novice

Yeah, that's what I initially tried and it didn't work and I had to reinstall the whole system software. However I reinstalled the game for the third time and it seems to be working fine so far, it's been about two days. I'm just sad I missed out on so many days in the season really. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (369 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Kyotsu_Ryutoki

Would you mind sharing a DxDiag when you have the chance? You can find more information on how to pull one up at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (435 Views)

★★ Novice

So sorry, I totally forgot to mention that I'm on PS4. A friend of mine had the same issue but reinstalling the game worked for him, but I've already done that twice with no success.

Message 3 of 6 (412 Views)

Community Manager

@Kyotsu_Ryutoki 

No worries! Thank you for following up. 

Have you had a chance to try rebuilding the database on your PS4 to see if that helps? I've seen that fix similar issues in the past, so I think it's worth giving it a shot. 

If you start up your PS4 in Safe Mode you'll see a Rebuild Database option in the Safe Mode menu. Please give that a try when you have the chance. Let me know how it goes when you can.

Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (389 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, that's what I initially tried and it didn't work and I had to reinstall the whole system software. However I reinstalled the game for the third time and it seems to be working fine so far, it's been about two days. I'm just sad I missed out on so many days in the season really. 

Message 5 of 6 (370 Views)

Community Manager

@Kyotsu_Ryutoki 

Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear it's working now. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (360 Views)