Crashing, Freezing, Connection Problems After Update

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version 10.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 356-761-852
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug I downloaded the latest version of the game this morning and it is riddled with bugs. Firstly, I usually get connection errors, then when I get past that, it usually freezes trying to download things. Often, it crashes at this stage.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try tapping on cantina or LS/DS battles, or store... anything, really. It's unavoidable.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

The attached photo is representative of where the game freezes/crashes.
IMG_7800.PNG
Message 1 of 5 (336 Views)

Re: Crashing, Freezing, Connection Problems After Update

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya!

This is currently being investigated. Thank you for your report!

Message 2 of 5 (306 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @danielospina625, the team is working on this but until then, for iOS can you try the following:

1. Reset device and connect to a hotspot or different WiFi connection.

2. Uninstall the game

3. Re-download the game and launch it.

4. Allow all assets to download - wait ~20 minutes.

5. Play the game!

6. If it works, you can try connect to your original connection and play!

Hopefully this works for you, if not please let me know!

Message 3 of 5 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am on android 7. I have not been able to login for the whole day after the update. Stuck at updates, long loading and crashes to android home screen. I tried the following.

1) I cleared cache=long loading and crash to home screen

2)deleted and reinstalled the game=long loading and  crash to android home screen (done this 10 times today )

3) tried the IOS sollution, letting my device forget the network settings and replied them= game started an update. Very slow but it updated to 100% and after long loading, I entered the game.

Followed by major updates and slow loading. I am in Game. the game is very slow, and every menu I enter, I get updates, but it works..... (guess it is the reinstall)

So For android users I would advice to forget the wifi Network and reconnect again. If you have more than one wifi connection, do this with all the connections (I have

To bad I only have less than one and a halve hour left to do all daily missions (due to day saving time , you do not use...........;_(   )

Hope it helps......

Update 1: game is still crashing at random.

Update2: I am back in the game.... I am getting a lot of add screens, sending me to the store. I is stable now.

It seems the speed up during batte bug is fixed(4x was as fast as normal play before in the last update) bug from last update is solved... Good job!

Update 3: Forget update 2 it does not seem to be fixed for arena battles, only event.... Frown

Update4: I am getting update flags in the fleet menu, but when checking the ships, there is nothing to update???

Message 4 of 5 (219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems the daily missions seem reduced.......... that means lesser stuff (crystals). I am not sure I am glad with this update.

Message 5 of 5 (208 Views)