by furururun2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? furururun2
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Steam Overlay / NVIDIA GeForce Experience
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was just in the lobby - doing nothing, waiting for the game to load completely as it's showing the placeholder "player" in the name tag instead of my gamertag.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was waiting for it to load thus, was not doing anything
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I played quite a lot yesterday but today, I can't even play any because I can't get past the lobby
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22/01/2021, 08:00PM (GMT+8:00)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It automatically closes the game, no crash or error messages or notifications, just closed right after loading my details on the lobby screen.
What should be happening instead? Well it shouldn't be crashing/or closing itself
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Open the game 2. Wait for game data to load and sync 3. Wait for a few seconds > crashes

I've restarted my Steam, my laptop, and the game multiple times. I've also uninstalled, redownload and reinstalled the game, I've even verified the game files but the issue still happens, I am unable to get pass the lobby.and I'm unable to play at all.

Though I've taken note that while waiting for my username to apply on the gamertag above the Legend's head, I can access everything else without problem but once it loads my data in, after a few seconds, the game just closes.

Message 1 of 9 (722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Hello just a heads up and update as well. I found something on Reddit that helped with my issue. My game from both Steam and Origin are now working properly. This is resolved now. Thank you for your time.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (594 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@furururun2 Can you try another account as a test, and see if that crashes too? Also, can I check if you've made any significant changes to your Steam friends list before that started happening for you?

You mention a bunch of appropriate TS steps to elimate any client integrity issues, but can I check if there was a power cycle of your router? If not, can you try that, to elimate it as a factor at least. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (717 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, sorry for the late response. I was at work. I have made a new account and tried to open it but to no avail. It crashed/closed as well. Regarding the changes in my steam friends list, I did not touch my friendlist at all even before this started.

Regarding the power cycle on my router, I'm not entirely sure what you meant but my router is properly connected and my cable is properly plugged to my router. I see no problem with my connection as I've played other Steam games after giving up on opening the game that night.

Message 3 of 9 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks. Sorry for lack of clarity, a router power cycle is when you turn it off for a few moments, and then start it back up. This can clear cached data and can fix issues. It's less effective with more modern routers, but it's still worth trying. 

Thanks for trying the other account,  at least that eliminates an account-based issue. 

For the next step can you try restarting with a Clean Boot, to discount potential conflicts with 3rd party software? 

How to clean or safe boot your PC or Mac

It's also worth re-whitelisting the game and Steam on your security software, in case that's a factor. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (662 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. I'll try the rebooting on the router and the whitelisting later when I get home from work. I'm just here to provide a new update, I've installed the game on Origin (newly downloaded game files) and its the same thing but a bit worst. It freezes for a while then crashes unlike the Steam one that doesn't freeze before crashing. Closed all apps working to lessen load but still would freeze and crash so now I'm thinking if the problem is on my laptop but I can use it no problem at all before this crashing issue and I've not touched anything in my settings nor downloaded anything else (except that I downloaded a new game from Steam just recently) before this issue happened so I don't know anymore-- I can run my R6S and other heavy games without any problem just Apex crashing on me.

it's just kinda frustrating now because its now 3 days and I've been trying to fix it for 3 days now as well ;_; 

Message 5 of 9 (646 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David ah and also, the link you provided seems to be empty-- no info there but sure I'll have the clean booting later as well and will update you as soon as I can.
Message 6 of 9 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello. I've done both the clean boot and the router one

There's no actual change. Here are the result for each instances:

1st Launch: Didn't crash but froze and white-screened > was unresponsive waited for a long while and nothing changed still stuck

2nd Launch: Game crashed before loading/syncing my name/account in the game

3rd Launch: Game was back to the normal "will not freeze and responsive but would close by itself" state

Nothing helped.

Message 7 of 9 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Hello just a heads up and update as well. I found something on Reddit that helped with my issue. My game from both Steam and Origin are now working properly. This is resolved now. Thank you for your time.
Message 8 of 9 (595 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, link fixed, and thanks for the update. Can I check what step you took, so we can track it?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (537 Views)