Crash in teammates banner

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 1060 3gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ElPolloZukulento
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Before Champion banners. in team banners
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2-3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? crashes the game and after that infinite loading screen
What should be happening instead? loading into a match
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playing or entering a match

After legend select the game froze for me and crashs, when i enter the game again the "Loading [Map]" loads forever meanwhile my teammate (a friend) told me i was adk, and then with the disconnect icon after i reopened the game, after some time (all teammates are dead or the match is over or just a lot of time after that) my teammates say i disconnected and for me i got an error code, after that i can play matches normally but 2-3 or 4 matches later it happens again.

Message 1 of 16 (1,836 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash in teammates banner

Community Manager

@ElPolloZukulento 

I haven't heard about any account bans just for crashes. There are some cases where I've seen people run into abandon penalties though, which is definitely rough. 

I know the team has been looking into the crashing issues that people have been seeing recently, but I'm afraid I don't have a time frame on when it might be fixed. Hopefully it's something we can get fixed soon so it stops happening. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 16 (1,722 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Update: My game also crashes when i quit the game

Message 2 of 16 (1,817 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ElPolloZukulento

Do you have an animated banner pose equipped on any of your Legends? If so, can you try unequipping them and see if that makes any difference? 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 16 (1,791 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah i have the Rampart Heirloom animated banner, havent played so im going to try and test it if it works, thought it was fixed strangely if thats the case the game didnt crashed for me before the update that "fixed" the crashing of banners, gonna play some matches without the animated banner and see how it  develops , thanks!

Message 4 of 16 (1,783 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ElPolloZukulento

Were you able to give it a shot? How did it go, if so? 

Kent.png
Message 5 of 16 (1,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Atm i havent got any crash, even thought i had matches that my teammates had animated banners and havent crashed, im a little scared of playing more games because people have been saying that they are getting banned for this reason, this specific crash can lead to that or not?

Message 6 of 16 (1,748 Views)

Community Manager

@ElPolloZukulento 

I haven't heard about any account bans just for crashes. There are some cases where I've seen people run into abandon penalties though, which is definitely rough. 

I know the team has been looking into the crashing issues that people have been seeing recently, but I'm afraid I don't have a time frame on when it might be fixed. Hopefully it's something we can get fixed soon so it stops happening. 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 16 (1,723 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

ok! then im more calm confirming this, then i will wait hopefully for a solution, but at least i know that im not the only one and eventually will get fixed, atm the matches i enter only to get the treasure packs havent gone with any crash (i read in other bug report that was recommended to alt tab after selecting character so atm im doing that), tnks!

Message 8 of 16 (1,715 Views)

Community Manager

@ElPolloZukulento 

You're welcome! Thumbs up

Kent.png
Message 9 of 16 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I've been having this same problem for a couple weeks now. At first I thought it was my wifi but have recently figured out it isn't. Saw the comment about taking off animated banner poses and even took off an animated banner frame. Nothing animated on my banner now and I am still constantly running into this issue almost every single game

Message 10 of 16 (1,489 Views)