Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crackling Doom Error

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Apple iPad Pro
OS Version 11.2.5
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I’ve been noticing that Emperor Palpatine’s unique no longer causes shock damage to rebels or Jedi unless they are actually Shocked, even though the unique clearly states that the enemy suffers shock damage if they are shocked, rebel, or Jedi.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a team with palpatine and go against an opponent.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Apple IPad Pro
OS Version 11.2.5
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I’ve been noticing that Emperor Palpatine’s unique no longer causes shock damage to rebels or Jedi unless they are actually Shocked, even though the unique clearly states that the enemy suffers shock damage if they are shocked, rebel, or Jedi.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a team with palpatine and go against an opponent.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Message 1 of 8 (636 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Crackling Doom Error

EA SWTOR Team

Hey @BarashinMokushi,

I hope I can clear this up as this is not a bug. 

The Unique states that at the start of the enemy turn they take damage equal to x% of the their may health for each of the following:

• being shocked (which comes from Lightning Strike)
  • being a Jedi
  • being a Rebel

There is no thing as "shock damage" per se as it applies the damage taken equal to the health. So when you shock someone, they don't take damage from that, but will have the health reduced when it's their turn.

Let me know, if that helped you out or you mean something different Standard smile

~Kat

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (868 Views)

All Replies

EA SWTOR Team

Hey @BarashinMokushi,

I hope I can clear this up as this is not a bug. 

The Unique states that at the start of the enemy turn they take damage equal to x% of the their may health for each of the following:

• being a Jedi
  • being a Rebel

There is no thing as "shock damage" per se as it applies the damage taken equal to the health. So when you shock someone, they don't take damage from that, but will have the health reduced when it's their turn.

Let me know, if that helped you out or you mean something different Standard smile

~Kat

Message 2 of 8 (869 Views)

★ Novice

The verbiage is too confusing... so the rebels and/or Jedi must be shocked in order for them to take the 20% damage? The way it reads is that if the opponent is shocked, Jedi or rebel they take damage - NOT the Jedi/ rebels MUST be shocked in order to take damage... can you please clarify? 

Message 3 of 8 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SWTOR Team

edit: I am clearly not awake yet, see @EA_HighCommand answer for clarification.

~Kat

Message 4 of 8 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Happy to clarify =). As EA_Kat said, at the start of the enemy turn they take damage equal to x% of their max health for each of the following:

• being a Jedi
  • being a Rebel

For example: if they aren't Jedi or a Rebel, they will only take damage if they are shocked. If they ARE Rebel or Jedi, the damage applies without them being shocked. Let me know if that didn't clear things up.

Message 5 of 8 (503 Views)

★★ Novice

And the author says that they only get damage if the are shocked. No Jedi or Rebels without shock suffers damage,

Message 6 of 8 (488 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you for the clarification! Does that mean that the damage must go through protection first? It does not bypass protection correct?
Message 7 of 8 (474 Views)

EA Live QV Team
Correct =)
Message 8 of 8 (462 Views)