Re: My 1 & 2 cornerbacks don’t cover. Blown coverage every time.

by timmeh1988

Original Post

Community Manager

@timmeh1988 

Are you controlling any of those DB's in the clips? It's not out of the ordinary DB's will get juked leaving a wide receiver wide open. Not all teams will have shut down defenses, including the Raiders. 

Are you simulating pre-game training or allocating XP to your DB's? To be honest, most of those clips could be considered working as intended since we're not able to see how the full game is being played out. In the first clip you can actually see a minor juke with the outside wide receiver before the cut which fooled the CB.

Blueberry.png
Message 41 of 86 (1,101 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I allow the AI to control the DB, I generally control one of the DL. I agree that teams wont have shut down defences but I disagree the game is playing like it should. I have played as other teams with x factor corners including the Jags and this still happens at a high rate sometimes it happens every play. I have also tuned the pass defence sliders to both ends of the scale and it makes no difference.
I complete the pre game training and allocate XP to corners when available.

If these are the animations you have choosen for a defender being beaten its a very poor quality one. In the NFL the passing windows are fairly tight. One of the clips i included showed trayvon mullen batting a pass away. I would expect this kind of coverage on most plays with better receivers winning the catch or poor corners losing a step but still being within a couple yards of the WR.
These are all single cut routes where the defenders are running the wrong way, if a receiver runs a double move such as a Zig then the coverage is perfect because the defender runs the opposite direction to the first cut.

Matt10 on the operation sports slider page also makes mention of the poor coverage animations so Im not the only person experiencing this.

As Ive said before, at the very least the defence needs to be tuned to play a bit better. Some of the animations I don't mind because the defenders are clearly beaten on a play, but the occurrence is on almost every passing play and those minor jukes are causing very over exaggerated reactions.
Pass coverage is basically useless in this years game (man or zone). I have not been able to hold a CPU QB to less than 80% regardless of which team I am using and pass break ups are almost non existent. The incompletions are usually wild throws or the QB throwing out of a sack.

This also occurs to the CPU team, as shown in some of the clips.
One of the clips has a CPU defender glitching off tyrell williams and attempting a swat 5 yards towards the sideline when he was in good coverage position to break the play up. In another daryl worley jumps off the receiver to attempt an interception when he was in perfect position to bat the pass away.
Message 42 of 86 (1,092 Views)

Re: Cornerbacks always blitz

★★★ Newbie

I attached a video as an example. Please help me fix this it’s getting annoying!

thank you

Message 43 of 86 (1,237 Views)

★★ Novice
@investedfour9 How do I see the video you posted?
Message 44 of 86 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue all of the time and it gets old real fast every time I think im about to make a big defensive stop my secondary blitz no matter what and i give up a big touchdown please fix this issue right away!!!!

Message 45 of 86 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your responses are terrible! Why do you blame everyone saying its their fault and they're calling the blitz when in fact they dont make any adjustments at all the game is just being a piece of * per usual!

Message 46 of 86 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. Anytime I adjust the line for a run up the middle or squeeze the line to the middle or try to press my corners all db's blitz. If I start with a zone coverage and audible to a man coverage leaving them in off coverage, not pressing, it seems to happen less but once I press the db's including safeties blitz. Playing off coverage just allows short passes on you all day. Its both left, right corners and and safeties as mentioned before so its not a juke move by the receiver or getting beat off the line. I have seen all 6 db's blitz at the same time. Not sure if that helps you at all but thanks for looking into it. 

Message 47 of 86 (1,113 Views)

Community Manager

@egreene36 wrote:

I am having the same issue. Anytime I adjust the line for a run up the middle or squeeze the line to the middle or try to press my corners all db's blitz. If I start with a zone coverage and audible to a man coverage leaving them in off coverage, not pressing, it seems to happen less but once I press the db's including safeties blitz. Playing off coverage just allows short passes on you all day. Its both left, right corners and and safeties as mentioned before so its not a juke move by the receiver or getting beat off the line. I have seen all 6 db's blitz at the same time. Not sure if that helps you at all but thanks for looking into it. 

@egreene36 

The team is aware of coverage randomly blitzing and are looking to address this in a future title update. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 48 of 86 (1,087 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

The team is aware of cornerbacks/safeties randomly blitzing when they're not assigned and looking to address it in a future title update. Thanks for raising this up to us. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 49 of 86 (1,158 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello I had this problem too in the beginning.  I was Run Committing which causes your DBs to play for the run.  This leaves them vulnerable in coverage.  Once I stopped flicking the right thumbstick during my defensive set ups.  I no longer had this issue.

Message 50 of 86 (1,142 Views)