Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Crappy coverage

by donnieboi1999

Original Post

Players unaware Cowboys

★★★★ Novice

Is anyone else having problems with their players being unaware when the ball is thrown to them, or is it just the cowboys?

Message 31 of 45 (275 Views)

Re: My 1 & 2 cornerbacks don’t cover. Blown coverage every time.

Community Manager

Can you all let us know if you still see your coverage defenders moving forward?

From today's title update:

• Fixed an issue sometimes causing a man coverage defender to run forward when defending a streak route
/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 32 of 45 (247 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry thanks for the info. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Does a title update take effect in an active offline franchise or will I need to start a new franchise?
Message 33 of 45 (241 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Still having the same issue, pass coverage still seems a very loose on all pro. I still have defenders breaking in the wrong direction or stopping mid route. Even average QBs are completing at 80% plus. I've started a new franchise and played as multiple teams, I've even filled the team with superstars. I'm not seeing any contested catches, there's always a wide open receiver due to a Db or Lb breaking away from the WR or TE
Message 34 of 45 (228 Views)
Highlighted

Crappy coverage

★★ Newbie

I’m sick and tired of my 86-90 overall cbs and lbs and safeties getting burnt and caught on by 75 overall wrs and tes it’s bull crap

Message 35 of 45 (80 Views)

Re: Crappy coverage

★★★★ Novice

Sadly, I don't believe this is technically a technical issue.  It's the coverage scripting that's weak, not something they can just "patch in"

Message 36 of 45 (67 Views)

Press-man blitz?

★★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with press coverage ( Triangle + down )  where the DBs will blitz instead of remain in press-man coverage. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 37 of 45 (201 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Any more info with this. Ive added some more videos post patch. Again they issue I'm experiencing vary but it occurs on multiple plays every drive. defenders still running off the receivers, I also noticed AI defenders choosing the wrong interactions such has going for interceptions or swats (as if they are in front of the receiver) when they are behind the WR instead of driving on the receiver and attempting to break the play up. Ive included examples of this.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJVbIk1Yes2HrrrAHoWrFg?view_as=subscriber
Message 38 of 45 (196 Views)

Community Manager

@timmeh1988 

Are you controlling any of those DB's in the clips? It's not out of the ordinary DB's will get juked leaving a wide receiver wide open. Not all teams will have shut down defenses, including the Raiders. 

Are you simulating pre-game training or allocating XP to your DB's? To be honest, most of those clips could be considered working as intended since we're not able to see how the full game is being played out. In the first clip you can actually see a minor juke with the outside wide receiver before the cut which fooled the CB.

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 39 of 45 (190 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I allow the AI to control the DB, I generally control one of the DL. I agree that teams wont have shut down defences but I disagree the game is playing like it should. I have played as other teams with x factor corners including the Jags and this still happens at a high rate sometimes it happens every play. I have also tuned the pass defence sliders to both ends of the scale and it makes no difference.
I complete the pre game training and allocate XP to corners when available.

If these are the animations you have choosen for a defender being beaten its a very poor quality one. In the NFL the passing windows are fairly tight. One of the clips i included showed trayvon mullen batting a pass away. I would expect this kind of coverage on most plays with better receivers winning the catch or poor corners losing a step but still being within a couple yards of the WR.
These are all single cut routes where the defenders are running the wrong way, if a receiver runs a double move such as a Zig then the coverage is perfect because the defender runs the opposite direction to the first cut.

Matt10 on the operation sports slider page also makes mention of the poor coverage animations so Im not the only person experiencing this.

As Ive said before, at the very least the defence needs to be tuned to play a bit better. Some of the animations I don't mind because the defenders are clearly beaten on a play, but the occurrence is on almost every passing play and those minor jukes are causing very over exaggerated reactions.
Pass coverage is basically useless in this years game (man or zone). I have not been able to hold a CPU QB to less than 80% regardless of which team I am using and pass break ups are almost non existent. The incompletions are usually wild throws or the QB throwing out of a sack.

This also occurs to the CPU team, as shown in some of the clips.
One of the clips has a CPU defender glitching off tyrell williams and attempting a swat 5 yards towards the sideline when he was in good coverage position to break the play up. In another daryl worley jumps off the receiver to attempt an interception when he was in perfect position to bat the pass away.
Message 40 of 45 (181 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help