Couple of Issues

by cherpar

Original Post

Couple of Issues

★★★★ Apprentice
I'm on a 7th gen save and having a few repeat problems. Not sure if they are bugs or just general corruption.

On a few occasions (x3) in diff generations, moving a sim out will sometimes mess up my collections list from my active family. This means a full collection is no longer complete. It doesn't always happen and I think it may be related to moving a sim out who contributed to completing the collection, but I'm not 100 percent certain.

Second, my specs are enough for ultra setting ( set by default in game) but my normal ( not bloated) save of around 5MB was, at commencement, using 2.9 ram and within 1.5 hours or so will memory crash. Couldn't travel and then continue playing..,reduced settings for lighting and sims to high, not very high and gives me a little longer, but not a long term solution to keep reducing the settings. I know @crinrict already mentioned she thought the game was using too much memory but not sure if the developers are aware of the current issues it's causing. This is my second long term save ( that was not bloated) that it has happend to.
Hoping can be reported, if not already.
Message 1 of 7 (523 Views)

Re: Couple of Issues

Hero

@cherpar Moved to bug reporting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (514 Views)

Hero

They addressed some file bloating in this patch you can download now. Could you check if it helps

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (510 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks crinrict. I think they have made some improvements to files. It loads about the same ( 2.6 with reduced settings) and rises to 2.8 within 15 mins. But it remains longer at those levels. I got 3 instead of 2 hrs of gameplay before deciding to exit at 3.15. Could have pushed it further but recently have had crashing at 3.2 on saving. Moving house still seems to use too much and still need to test travelling further. Will also test at higher settings. I think they are on the right track though.
Message 4 of 7 (487 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Well now I'm confused. I exited the game and my save file has bloated from 5.6 my to 33.5 mb. I know this has happend before ( including to me on my first game). I loaded the 33 mb, actually loaded at 2.5 but within a minute jumped to 2.8. I 'saved as', as I read on the officials that someone said the patch reduced the size of the bloated file. No such luck for me.
Message 5 of 7 (485 Views)

Hero

Could you upload your save game so I can forward it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (480 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 7 of 7 (477 Views)