Counter won't place

by sunstarsims

Original Post

Counter won't place

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Kids Room Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place a regular kitchen counter in the corner of a room. Not the right angle corner counter, just a straight one.
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing a regular middle kitchen counter in the corner of a room, it refuses to place. It doesn't say anything like "can't intersect objects", it just acts as though the mouse has stopped working, but it hasn't. So not the type of counter that connects to a right angle, just a regular straight counter top.
What do you expect to see? The counters should be able to be placed in the corner of a room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This happens about 90% of the time, and seems to happen with all counter swatches and types equally. 

Message 1 of 5 (598 Views)

Re: Counter won't place

★★ Pro
@sunstarsims Well, that's a new one.

Were there any platforms involved?
Message 2 of 5 (590 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know, right!? Never seen that before! 

No, no platforms. I think I've noticed it happens when there is a column/pillar somewhere in the room though? Could just be coincidence!

Message 3 of 5 (557 Views)

★★ Pro
@sunstarsims Maybe related to your bb.moveobjects cheat not working?
Message 4 of 5 (545 Views)

★★★ Novice

@stjmk it could very well be! 

Message 5 of 5 (514 Views)