Re: Could not mute squad - Season 7

by EA_Kent

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. The icon in the banner of the abusing player showed a speaker icon with a red X, but they could still talk.

Feels really bad to try to finish the game to the best of your ability while someone is shouting insults left and right.

EDIT 1: I'm playing the PC version from Origin (not Steam).

Message 11 of 49 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's the Steam version that is bugged. I'm playing with someone using the PS4 and the other friend using Steam. I can mute the PS4 player but not the other PC player that is using the steam version.

He also can't mute me because I'm using the Steam version too. The problem is persistent and not just random.

That bug occured after the first patch in season 7.

Even with the new patch...issue still persists.

Edit: I forgot to mention that mute works in the lobby but failing after joining a match. 2 of 3 using Teamspeak to communicate and that is why we mute us ingame, so only the console player can hear us.

Message 12 of 49 (752 Views)

Community Manager

@ArThurAs2 

Thanks for following up after the patch. Just to confirm is everyone else in this thread also playing through Steam? I noticed that a lot of you already mentioned that in your reports, but I just want to confirm and see if this is also happening with Origin as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 49 (729 Views)

This happens through both origin and steam. Doesn't seem to matter what overlay is active or is inactive. 

Here is a video of the problem. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 14 of 49 (712 Views)

Community Manager

@Helkath-Hazzurim 

Thanks for the info!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 49 (696 Views)

Unable to MUTE Squadmates S7 latest update

★★★ Newbie

Unable to mute Randoms when playing solo without friends in trios.

Message 16 of 49 (694 Views)

★★★ Novice

my buds and I are having the same problem.  Two of us have moved over from Steam, one is still playing on Origin, it seems there's no rhyme or reason which of us can mute the others. (Well, none of us can mute anyone of us.)  We generally play using Discord since it sounds better but if we don't have a third, we leave our mics open for the third random person, and then mute each other in-game so we don't get a doubling effect, but we can't do that now.

Message 17 of 49 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I've only played through Origin
Message 18 of 49 (611 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent I'm playing from the origin and can't mute people either
Message 19 of 49 (594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me. Mute does not actually mute squad.

Message 20 of 49 (566 Views)