Re: Cottage Living Lag

by MsPigglyPooh

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SheriGRI too am having the issue with things that have been queued dropping, very frustrating and the lag with the fridge is ridiculous. Usually if I click on the menu and then x out it helps for a bit, but it always happens again. I agree, this whole lagging issue is making the game very difficult to play and enjoy.

Message 21 of 34 (997 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here.  Couldn't upgrade the Double Delight shower/tub combo with Water Recycler, my sim just waves his arms in the air as if there's something blocking his path.  Tried moving the tub outside and still the same error.  Tried buying a new one and got the same error.

Message 22 of 34 (960 Views)

★ Apprentice

It got so bad for me I had to uninstall Cottage Living. Upset that EA hasn't even said they're working on this!

Message 23 of 34 (903 Views)

★★ Guide

That's the only thing that helps my lag. I notice it after the Decorator pack though it just got worse with Cottage Living.  I've never used mods and cc again after reinstalling my game over a year. everything has been vanilla.

Message 24 of 34 (843 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had similar issues since Cottage Living. I get lag visually in live mode now, clicking on things like the fridge takes forever to bring up the menu, if I tell a sim to do something and switch to the other sim in the household the first one will get hung at the stairs until I go back and select them, then they either start moving finally or jump to the spot I had directed them, and I'm also getting the thing where they "can't reach" the shower/tub to repair it, no matter its position.

Message 25 of 34 (778 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Today's patch notes had one fix and it was the sim jumping to the directed spot when trying to use the stairs. It has fixed this problem in my game and along with it, my lag is better, including the long wait for the fridge menu. I'm guessing that bug was slowing these things down.

Message 26 of 34 (750 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My game was less laggy too with the yesterday's patch.

Message 27 of 34 (741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was clawing my eyes out at the amount of freezing and lags so I chose to disable the expansion pack until a fix comes up from EA. I used the below website to help me disable cottage living, as well as any other EP, SP, GP, or kits. It's brought my game back up to speed so now just to hold out for the patch.

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks

Message 28 of 34 (641 Views)

★★ Apprentice

First of all I have to say, it's a relief to find this forum! The lag situation in that place was stressing me out and it's good to know that I'm not the only one it happens to.
It's true, the same thing happens to me. The lag is felt only in that world and much more when you are in the center of town, it's horrible! I have tried to look for solutions everywhere and for now I have only chosen to eliminate the lots with too many people (households) in that area.

The strange thing is that the lag is felt mostly when sims start arriving in town at dawn. And much more when they start with automatic actions such as embroidery (and I mean the embroidery of that same pack)

Message 29 of 34 (381 Views)

Champion

I've noticed that the longer I play on a lot with the fox challenge on, the worse the entire save lags, even when not on that lot anymore. This can happen in any world if I add the fox challenge, but is particularly noticeable in Henford on Bagley where a lot of the lots - even the public ones - have foxes on by default.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 30 of 34 (367 Views)