by Jan_831

Original Post

Cottage Living Lag

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and try to do something
What happens when the bug occurs? The game lags and Freezes
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game without it freezing every 5 minutes for long periods of time and for the sims to move when I tell them to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch/ installed Cottage Living

I am aware that there are lagging issues in the game, however, since installing the new patch and Cottage Living the lag has gotten worse.  Much worse.  The game freezes, it takes my Sims forever to get anywhere, the stop and smell food every time they go anywhere or do anything or they simply just do not move.  Like many, I have had lagging issues with the game, but nothing like this.  The way it is now it is impossible to play the game and get anything accomplished.  I would also like to add that the game is also jumpy and that my Sims sometimes don't move at all and then all of a sudden pop up where there were meant to be.  

Message 1 of 34 (5,967 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Lag

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 34 (5,871 Views)

★ Guide
@Gagea25 Whenever I do a save it always a new one. I do not know where to look for other households and I do not know what MCCC is. If it is a mod, I do not use them and never have and I have been playing the game since Sims 1. I deleted some older saves that I had in the file, but the game is still lagging although it's a bit better. I also repaired the game last night which helped for a while. Right now it is still lagging but not as bad and actions in my que keep cancelling out or dropping. It has been very challenging to play the game and almost impossible to enjoy..
Message 3 of 34 (5,812 Views)

@Jan_831  Please open Manage Worlds, click Manage Households in the upper right corner.  Click Other Households, and you'll see all the sims you haven't played.  Under Show, uncheck the "All Households" box, so you don't also see residents of the various worlds.  Then check "Unplayed Households" and "Not in World."  This would normally bring up a list of maybe a couple dozen sims: Father Winter, the Realm of Magic sages, Baby Ariel, etc.  The question is how many sims are on this list.  If it's a very large number, that could make the game lag.

Please also open Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves and post a screenshot: I'd like to see how large your current saves are compared to their previous versions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 34 (5,737 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your help. I have 80 unplayed families in my game. Am I supposed to uncheck them all??  I only went in and checked.  The family that lived in the house prior to me evicting them is under the tab my households, but I have never played them.   Also I have enclosed my save files for you to look at.  I removed them from my game last night to see if that would make a difference but I did not empty the recycle bin so they were still available.  The game is running slightly better since removing them but there is still a significant lag.

Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 34 (5,670 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My lag also started after Cottage Living installed. But mine only does this few times during each play time of more than one hour. Also if I exit to main menu, then back to same household to contuine play, it works fine for a while longer.

Thank you

Message 6 of 34 (5,489 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 you don't have any empty households ? Your saves don't seem to be that big so I doubt you have the household spawning issue.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (5,485 Views)

★ Guide
@LilSnakeHips Clicking on options and then xing out of that works for me too, but only for short periods of time and only when the game freezes.
Message 8 of 34 (5,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I'm not sure what you mean by empty households, but when it said there were 80 unplayed households and all were checked.  It also had the previous residents of my lot under my households, but I have never played them, just evicted them.  When you get the pop ups for likes, it is for them, not the family I am playing.

I'm not sure if I did this right, but here goes.  Also I am really confused as to what I am so supposed to do with manage household.  All of the boxes are checked, there are a lot there but I didn't change anything.  Am I supposed to uncheck boxes??

Thank you for your help.

Message 9 of 34 (5,433 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also having this issue. I actually saw the clock work backwards at some point. It was on 4:30 then froze, went back to 4:28, then froze, back to 4:32. My sims won’t move often and then all of a sudden they’re in the spot they were told to go, but then glitch back to where they started, and then they’re back to where they should be. It’s becoming very unplayable since this patch. I don’t have mods, this save file is about 60 mb w the recommended 80 sims. 

Message 10 of 34 (5,377 Views)