Cosmetic Glitch when rotating stairs

by MorganTheBee

Original Post

Cosmetic Glitch when rotating stairs

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place either the stairs that came with Simple Slatted Stairway that came with Seasons or the Mastercraft Stairway from Island living, and with the stairs tool bend them once, at any level.
What happens when the bug occurs? A lip is created at the landing that could be extremely dangerous in the real world. It doesn't seem to stop any sims from traveling up and down the stairs though. The trip and fall hazard is not there when you get the stairs into a switchback position.
What do you expect to see? No trip and fall hazard.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is purely a cosmetic issue, and it only occurs with those two specific open back stairs.

Message 1 of 2 (362 Views)

Re: Cosmetic Glitch when rotating stairs

Hero

@MorganTheBee 

I took a look at this and it does the same thing for me.  I think it's because of the way these stairs are designed.  But like you already said, it's cosmetic and doesn't cause any problems with sims using the stairs.

Message 2 of 2 (269 Views)