Re: Conversation Marker for the Bard Appears w/o Interaction Prompt on Character

by SiLv3sTeR-M

Original Post

Conversation Marker for the Bard Appears w/o Interaction Prompt on Character

★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Ryzen 5 1600
Enter RAM memory size in GB 48
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29.04.19 18:32 EDT
Summarize your bug After finishing the Challenges of Might and Resolve, a conversation marker shows up for The Bard on the map of Fort Tarsis, but when you walk up to him, there's no way to talk to him. Don't know whether the bug is the marker showing up on the map when it's not supposed to or the lack of interaction trigger with the character, but there it is.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish Challenge of Resolve. Speak to the Bard afterward. Go on any mission. Come back and check the map of Fort Tarsis.
What happens when the bug occurs? Conversation marker for the Bard shows on map. No actual conversation is available with that character.
What should be happening instead? Either the conversation marker should not be showing up or the Bard should have an interaction prompt.

Submitting this report because I don't know if this is really a very minor issue of something showing up on the map when it shouldn't or whether perhaps something is stopping a progression of conversations from happening. Just to be on the safe side, here you go.

Message 1 of 4 (703 Views)

Re: Conversation Marker for the Bard Appears w/o Interaction Prompt on Character

can't talk to him either and can't complet the challenge of might... doesn't seem to happen often because there's no other posts on this bug

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 2 of 4 (648 Views)

fixed... the problem was in "game properties"  "advanced launch options"  and the language was in French for what ever reason and when put back in English .......solved !

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 3 of 4 (607 Views)

★ Apprentice

My game is configured to English, I've changed the language to Spanish and it forced files check. I've switched it back to English and started the game. I still can't talk to "The Bard" Every time I get in Fort Tarsis after a mission, I see the icon on the map. When I get past the gates, it disappears! What should I do?

Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)