Control lock-out

by rterst

Original Post

Control lock-out

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung S9
OS Version 9
What is your Player ID?
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Occasionally I get a complete lock out from the game interface: - I cannot select other units - I can control selected unit, but only that unit (until it dies) - I cannot build new units - all units are grayed out as if they are on cool-down, but no cool-down is going My suspicion is that it happens if I press create unit exactly when cool-down ends potentially with network lag being present. This happens rarely and I have not yet seen it after latest update (1.4). I did not save the replay, neither have I looked into replay to see if the issue shows up there, but will do that if I see it again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

Occasionally I get a complete lock out from the game interface:
- I cannot select other units
- I can control selected unit, but only that unit (until it dies)
- I cannot build new units - all units are grayed out as if they are on cool-down, but no cool-down is going
My suspicion is that it happens if I press create unit exactly when cool-down ends potentially with network lag being present.
This happens rarely and I have not yet seen it after latest update (1.4). I did not save the replay, neither have I looked into replay to see if the issue shows up there, but will do that if I see it again.

Message 1 of 4 (474 Views)

Re: Control lock-out

EA Live QV Team

Hey @rterst thanks for the report. Couple of questions, when this occurs, do all existing units keep moving/attacking until they are defeated? Does sound continue also? Does the battle continue until it's finished? If this happens again in 1.4, can you provide your Persona ID (found in Settings > About) and a timestamp of when this occurs so I can look into it? Other details such as who you battled against would help narrow down the time it happened and if you can capture it on video, that would be beneficial. Thanks!

Message 2 of 4 (453 Views)

★★★ Novice
The answer is yes to all of the above.
Game continues as normal until my inevitable defeat
I will post the info you requested if this happens again
Message 3 of 4 (447 Views)

★★★ Novice

Similar issue happened today.

I was in the match, when I got a network connections issue.

After issue resolved I had a permanent cool-down on the commander action (ion cannon).

After the round finished I saved the replay, however replay shows that action was not on the cool-down.

This leads me to believe issue is client-side and very likely related to intermittent connection issues. I would guess that client and server get out of sync and client never recovers.

The battle was today (Mar 8) around 9:05am EST between myself and brasi.

My id is 1004095570709

Message 4 of 4 (382 Views)