Re: Continuous -1 damage

by izzelnickel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Continuous -1 damage

★★ Guide

I just tried to complete the level 4 bounty hunter challenge. The game got stuck in a loop of some sort. All my characters kept doing -1 damage to Cad Bane and his droids. Eventually, I lost. Please fix this. Also, any chance we can get a stop and back button inncase we wish to quit a battle?

Message 1 of 13 (645 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

i'll have to wait till the next time i get bounty hunter, but if i recall...

1. need to defeat him ASAP as he becomes more "resistant" towards the end

2. only some ability seems to be able to hurt him -- maybe higher attack score or sth. iinm, i was able to damage him with a few characters (using specia) -- Dooku and Sid are two that i think were able to hit him. i could be wrong... just recalling from memory. i can probably confirm once there's bounty hunter again.

and yes, i recall the rest only hit 1 point damage. so it took a long time and glad i had a few healers.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (620 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
I had this problem until I start killing his droids first. So yes you gotta kill his droids right from the start, starting with the one that buff Cad, followed by the one that debuffs your team.

Once those pesky droids are gone, it's pretty easy.

Same thing for Boba Fett and his healing droid, at least they're very fragile.
Message 2 of 13 (634 Views)

★★ Guide

I tried several different tactics and nothing worked. I had to give up. This appears to be a bug.

Message 3 of 13 (632 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

usually one of my jedis resists the debuff and can kill the droids off. The key is kill the one that debuffs your team first or have someone on your squad with a dispell

Message 4 of 13 (630 Views)

★★ Guide

The -1 damage applies to both the boss, Cad something, and the two droids. It becomes a non stop fight of -1 damage on all three opponents.

Message 5 of 13 (624 Views)

★ Guide
Save special attacks for the final stage. Use healers to keep your team alive. But try to hit fast and hard from the start.

You may need to level your characters and gear a bit before attempting this challenge difficulty.
Message 6 of 13 (615 Views)

★ Guide

i'll have to wait till the next time i get bounty hunter, but if i recall...

1. need to defeat him ASAP as he becomes more "resistant" towards the end

2. only some ability seems to be able to hurt him -- maybe higher attack score or sth. iinm, i was able to damage him with a few characters (using specia) -- Dooku and Sid are two that i think were able to hit him. i could be wrong... just recalling from memory. i can probably confirm once there's bounty hunter again.

and yes, i recall the rest only hit 1 point damage. so it took a long time and glad i had a few healers.

Message 7 of 13 (621 Views)

★★ Guide

This is exactly what was happening. Once my characters got stronger they were able to hang in there. The droids and cad both get to where most attacks do -1 damage.

Message 8 of 13 (574 Views)

★ Guide

got the bounty hunter challenge today and yes, over time, he gets faster and stronger. so need to damage and defeat Cad ASAP. i guess one way is per earlier suggestion which is to take out the two companion drones. according to the "i" (Information) for the challenge, it is suggested to have characters with OFFENCE DOWN.

for me... i just let me party go AUTO, i know my party can eventually defeat Cad, though sometimes, with 1-2 casualties. However, I noticed that the stars you get does not affect payout, so, it's ok... 

some characters that can sometimes punch thru includes (not all the time though): Assaj, Chewie, Sid, Dooku... I guess probably Cad has got high defense and when one's attack is high enough to punch thru, that's when you get more than +1 damage. 

Message 9 of 13 (561 Views)

★ Guide
Not quite. The two helper droids are using a Damage Down type of attack against you. You may be able to simply power through with strong characters, but having someone on your side that can remove negative effects makes it a lot easier.
Just remember, It's a trap!
Message 10 of 13 (508 Views)