by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Content Removed When Placing Parenthood Promo Families in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place the Parenthood promo families posted by MaxisCreator_01 in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to place these families in CAS, content will be removed for supposedly not having some content, the creator not having the required content, or the family containing CC. The teens in these families also lose one of their traits.
What do you expect to see? I should definitely be able to place these families in CAS without problems, especially since this wasn't always an issue. I have ALL game content, and I'm sure that MaxisCreator_01 does as well. And I know for a fact that CC can't be the cause.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I can't pinpoint exactly which update caused it, but I do know that this wasn't always a problem. I used to have no issues when placing these families in CAS.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? For some reason, I can't place the Parenthood promo families uploaded by MaxisCreator_01 in CAS without items being removed for supposedly not having the required content, the uploader not having the required content, or the content containing CC. But, of course, I know for a fact that none of these things can possibly the case. And, on top of that, the teens in these families also lose one of their traits, probably related to this issue. This doesn't seem to be happening with any other families posted by this account. It's just the Parenthood Promo families.

Message 1 of 9 (839 Views)

Re: Content Removed When Placing Parenthood Promo Families in CAS

Hero
Are you talking about this family: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943230/missing-items#latest ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (818 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Yup, that's one of them. Although I did test it, and this is happening with all the uploaded Parenthood promo families.

Message 3 of 9 (808 Views)

Hero
Are those wearing those same pants somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (806 Views)

★★★ Guide

Now that you mention it, I do think they are (the Flynn family immediately comes to mind). Maybe it's those pants somehow?

Message 5 of 9 (795 Views)

Hero
Could be. Although when I tested at the time, it seems they are still available and all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (787 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's also weird how the teens of these families are now having one of their traits forcibly removed, probably relating to the other issue I linked to.

Message 7 of 9 (780 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (734 Views)

Hero

@Lorraine-Simmer

I retested that family with the pants and the teen now seems to wear the pants correctly. Still see some issues with some traits but not as many.

Can you re-test this for me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (696 Views)