Constantly telling people someone died. Cannot woohoo in bed. Stealing. grrrr

by Blackbird0318

Original Post

Constantly telling people someone died. Cannot woohoo in bed. Stealing. grrrr

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mischief trait. Constant Stealing. Unable to woohoo in bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims constantly give the "bad news" joke to each other which in turn causes relationship to dwindle. This has never happened repeatedly and I've tried resetting the object. They still do it. Cannot woohoo in any beds. Constantly stealing items when they are not a kleptomaniac.
What do you expect to see? For them to stop telling each other someone died repeatedly. Able to woohoo or try for a baby in bed. Stop stealing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Uninstalled all mods. Still does it.

I've tried deleting mods. Tried updating. Still won't fix it.

Message 1 of 3 (684 Views)

Re: Constantly telling people someone died. Cannot woohoo in bed. Stealing. grrr

Hero

@Blackbird0318 

The constant stealing and the mischief social are being caused by 2 different NAPs so to get it to stop you will need to repeal both of them.  Stealing is caused by Sharing is Caring and the mischief is caused by another which I don't remember the name of atm.

So you need to visit every zone where they are active to repeal them.  Two ways to do it.  Through gameplay or by cheats.  You should also look in the gameplay options and uncheck NPC voting.  That way, only your active sim has a vote for the NAPs to make sure they don't get voted in later by the NPCs.

You can select the mailbox to get the voting and repeal options.  If you use the debug cheats, the options for instant repeal or enactment of a NAP is also on the mailbox.

I have not tried using the cheats.  I'm doing it by playing sims in each zone and having them repeal and vote in new ones so I don't know exactly what happens by using them.  I only mention it because it can be done.  I just haven't done it so I don't know if there are any unintended consequences of doing it that way.

On the beds and no woohoo.  That is separate issue from the NAPs and not connected as far as I know. First, to get the woohoo and try for baby options, you have to have enough friendship and romantic relationship to where you can get the "First Kiss" option.  Once you've done the First Kiss, you might have to do a couple more romantic socials for the Woohoo and Try for Baby options to show up.  Then you can go for it.

If you have the necessary relationship levels and have done the First Kiss and a few more romantic socials, then your problem could be caused by cc.  Since you've said you use mods, I assume you use cc too.  So try pulling out any cc beds and see if that works to get the options.  If it does, then start putting the beds back in one at the time until you find the one that is causing the problem.  If it doesn't, then it's probably not the cc beds so you may have to pull all you cc to see if it gets you the options back.  If it does, then you are going to have to slowly reintroduce your cc to the game until you find whatever is causing your problem.

Also, it might not hurt for you to delete the localthumbcache.package file.  Doing that sometimes clears up problems especially if you have moved a lot of cc in and out of your mods folder.  The game will generate a new one the next time you load.  The only thing you will notice is that it will probably take a little time for the thumbnails to regenerate.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (667 Views)

Re: Constantly telling people someone died. Cannot woohoo in bed. Stealing. grrr

Community Manager

Hi @Blackbird0318

Thanks for making this report. In your opening post there's a mention of what sounds like 2/3 separate issues. We may already have active dedicated bug report thread opened for some of these. You can double-check using the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function at the top of the page.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing here, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information from those dedicated bug reports or to muddle issues together.

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (621 Views)