Constantly restarting the game

by quixtus

Original Post

Constantly restarting the game

★★★★ Novice

Every few minutes my game has to restart, especially if I look at another screen while waiting for the very slow loading screens. It often takes a full minute to just start the game up, and once started it has to spend a lot of time loading when I do unusual activities like cash in a bronzium card or claim an achievement. Often, and I mean every 2-10 minutes, when I am going through a lot of actions, the whole app just says it has to restart. 

It's getting old, and it is happening a lot more since "Mods" came out. Suggestions?

Message 1 of 6 (377 Views)

Re: Constantly restarting the game

Community Manager

@quixtus Hi,

This would sound like an issue where the network connection is congested, slowing you down.

How are you connected? WiFi at home, mobile network, public WiFi?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 6 (357 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Man, it is tough to find my way back here! 

Home wifi, secured, very functional, very broadband, no issues with other games or other sites, and when it fails, this site pops up if it gives me the option. It hasn't for quite awhile, it just sent me to the regular game forums feedback section. This time it sent me to the answers front p as he and I saw my profile pic and found this old post. It still resets on me several times a day, generally when I do something else, like post here.

Message 3 of 6 (333 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @quixtus,

I hope you don't me jumping in on this one. 

I'm happy to hear you aren't encountering this issue as often now, I know how frustrating this type of issue can especially as it always seems to happen at a a crucial moment or just after you sim a battle. I would keep an eye on this for now and get back to us should your issue occur at a more regular interval again & on different networks.

In regards to finding your way back here, all you have to do is log in to Answers HQ  and click on your profile, from there you can see your recent posts.

Thanks,

Roger.

Roger.png
Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

About half a dozen times a day the past week or so, sometimes more. I was unable to finish GW due to it again, which does not make the game more fun.

Unfortunately, Roger... I don't get why people pay for this game outside of donating to "Star Wars is cool!" I spent years as an admin and developer on a couple of games, and never the level of problems you guys seem to have just with your bug reporter. It still takes me to the "minions" questions when I click to report another code 9 error.

Not exactly confidence inspiring. 

I do appreciate the response tho. I'll find my way back here in a few days, I hope.

Message 5 of 6 (311 Views)

Community Manager

@quixtus Fingers crossed, hope the situation improves for you. Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)