things constantly going on fire more than they're supposed to.

by xxmissawsumxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Constant kitchen fires with fear of fires trait

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? highschool
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? washing machine or dryer and cooker constantly go on fire.
What do you expect to see? not go on fire everytime i use it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. could be the last two updates or the highschool expansion

@CptnVanderbeam wrote:

I realize this thread is from at least last year, but I'm having this issue and it's driving me CRAZY!! Out of nowhere, my Sim's stove started catching on fire - every. single. time.

• he's not tense
  • level 10 cooking (in both homestyle and gourmet)
  • using the London's Choice stove (which I've replaced several times, both with the auto-replace after a fire and manually deleting it and replacing it from the store)
  • I've debugged it
  • I've repaired game files
  • my lot isn't cursed
  • my Sim isn't clumsy

This is absolutely maddening. I've had to Rosebud my character Simoleons to replace the appliances. I don't have anything in my kitchen I haven't had in there a million times before. I just can't figure out what going on.

This has been driving me mad for a few updates now. Every time they cook on the bbq or stove it catches fire.

the sims now have a fear of fire which I can’t get rid off. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 6 of 49 (55,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Constant kitchen fires with fear of fires trait

Hero

Sims with a Fear of Fire will no longer be tormented by constant, unavoidable fires starting while they are cooking.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please use this thread if you still have constant fires: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Constant-Fires-Reason-unknown/m-p/9636831#M159167

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 49 (4,359 Views)

All Replies

things constantly going on fire more than they're supposed to.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? highschool
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? washing machine or dryer and cooker constantly go on fire.
What do you expect to see? not go on fire everytime i use it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. could be the last two updates or the highschool expansion

This started happening not long after getting the new highschool pack, theres always fires. my washer or dryer went on fire around 3 times then the cooker went on fire at least 6 times most of those times it happened in a row. i have to keep replacing everything because of it so im losing money even though ive got at least 5 sims working. another bug that happened at the same time was my sim not being able to take a shower when i press on the shower it says "extinguish self".

Message 1 of 49 (55,286 Views)

Re: things constantly going on fire more than they're supposed to.

Hero
@xxmissawsumxx Do you have the cursed lot lot trait or are your Sims tense when using the items ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (55,277 Views)

★ Apprentice

nope i dont have any lot traits on my lot, they may be tense but cant remember

Message 3 of 49 (55,153 Views)

★★ Guide
@xxmissawsumxx If your sim has a fear of fire; they will cause fires more often so it could be that. If you check where your traits are it will tell you any active fears
Message 4 of 49 (55,140 Views)

★ Apprentice
@xjodielaura ive played a bit since i made that comment but thankfully its not been as common. i think it was the fear since most of my sims got that fear after the first fire, thanks for telling me.
Message 5 of 49 (55,121 Views)

Re: Constant Kitchen Fires

★ Guide
@Carlieseuss You may be experiencing the old bug ... or you might be dealing with the new one that started up with the school xpac. The fears bug. Look in your sims traits and see if they have acquired a fear of fire or something like that. If your sim has it, they will burn down the house everytime they touch anything cooking related. Unfortunately, toggling off the wants and fears option will not fix it. As soon as you travel or start a loaded game, despite being toggled off, your sim will still get the bug.

See bug report https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/m-p/116...

And

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Sims-always-starting-fires-when-cooking/m-p/1171978...
Message 7 of 49 (55,001 Views)

Re: Constant Kitchen Fires

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah they definitely have the fear of fire. Which also ruins the kids campsite kit because they can’t light fires. 

I guess I’ll have to live with it till they fix it. It’s only been happening semi recently.

Message 8 of 49 (54,979 Views)

Frequent Stove Fires

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook with my sim
What happens when the bug occurs? My stove catches on fire too frequently
What do you expect to see? The stove to not catch on fire half the time I'm cooking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After about a four month break from playing (and deleting my mods, then adding new, up-to-date ones) I decided to play again.

The first family generation I played, everything was normal. I'm not sure if they ever had one fire.

Then I started playing as their daughter and she first started a fire on the stove while cooking a grand meal at a dinner party. I attributed this to her having a low cooking skill and being clumsy.

Since then, I've played her for about five days and there have been around 12 more fires.

She is now at cooking level 6 and they currently have the best stove.

Her now husband also starts fires at the same frequency. He is at cooking level 3, so I don't understand what's going on.

I read on here that having a "fear of fires" can increase the likelihood of a fire and he currently has that fear. The woman I mentioned before does not have that fear.

I also don't have any bad lot traits.

I want to add that despite having the clumsy trait, my female sim has not started any fires on the dryer. It's always the stove.

They've also moved several times and have had different stoves since when it first started.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 9 of 49 (54,360 Views)

Re: Frequent Stove Fires

★★ Novice
@mlrlts1967 Have you taken your mods out of your ea folders all together? Or have you just turned off mods in the settings?
Not a fix to the underlying issue but you could upgrade your stove to be fire proof or I think there may be a fireproof homestead reward you can buy with lifetime points. I can’t remember if that’s sims 3 or sims 4 reward.
Have you tried testing it on a new save to see if the same issue occurs?
That’s all I’ve got for now.
Message 10 of 49 (54,327 Views)