Re: Constant freezing sims 4 ps4

by TrusttLove

Original Post

Constant freezing sims 4 ps4

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play it
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes for 3-4 seconds every few minutes. It happens in live mode, build mode, and in CAS. It also happens in world view. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I've also done things on my end. I even reinstalled and factory reset my PS4. Nothing has worked. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm gonna scream lol no, but in all seriousness, it's maddening.
What do you expect to see? For it not to Freeze at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope it’s fixed soon 

Message 1 of 4 (2,453 Views)

★ Guide

How many Sims do you have on your household? And how big is that house?

Needless to say, on a PS4, even if Pro, having too many people and a house that is too big, makes it unplayable.

Some things that helped in my case:

• Disconnect from the Internet when you play. Settings, Network. It really makes a big difference.
  • Clear the cache while the game is loading. Keep holding L1 + R1 until you get to the main menu.
  • In extreme cases, you can reduce the screen resolution from 1080 to 720. Yea, it sucks BUT there is a a huge boost in performance. After a while, you really get used. I was able to play a 8 Sims household in a 5 floors lot this way. Then I started to play with no more than 4 Sims per household on 2 floors lots (completely better). This way I can easily host weedings with 12 Sims without any real problem.
  • Sometimes it just helps if you open up the settings and go into Options. Doing nothing really. It's like it frees some memory.
Message 2 of 4 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

It happens in all sizes of houses and households. I tested out every type. Big house, little house, apt. 1 sim, 2 sims etc etc. It still happens. I've also freed up space on my PS4 and I don't play while connected to the internet. Someone suggested that a while back because of a different issue. It didn't help. The only games on my PS4 atm are Sims and MC. Still no help. Like I said it doesn't even just happen during live mode. It happens in CAS and everywhere else. It's just the game in general. This was my last resort after trying everything I could. I searched for days on the internet to find a solution before deciding to post this. Tried everything. I have experienced lag of course, even in the past, with huge houses and 8 sims but it would never freeze. Now it does. I don't know when exactly it started happening because I didn't play for about 2 months. I really think it's something that needs to be fixed on their end. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,363 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@lostinmalloc wrote:
  • In extreme cases, you can reduce the screen resolution from 1080 to 720. Yea, it sucks BUT there is a a huge boost in performance.

That's just placebo effect as the PS4 doesn't work that way. There's tons of info about that online.

Message 4 of 4 (1,713 Views)