Re: Constant deadly fires and flickering lights.

by PipMenace

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Constant deadly fires and flickering lights

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except 4 kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. Fires just start randomly. No lot traits or challenges to make a fire start or lights to flicker.
What happens when the bug occurs? My house catches on fire randomly, no reason a fire should start. No fireplace, candles or lot traits or challenges. Flicking lights all the time.
What do you expect to see? No fires just starting. and no flicking lights constantly happening.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. High school years

Since I started the HSY pack, my household is constantly plaqued by random fires and flickering lights. It keeps my family in constant fear state. The worse happened a few hours ago. My house  hallway randomly caught on fire, once again. 2 of my 3 sims died even though they routed to safety but burnt to death. Also 4 firefighters died and 2 random sims trying to put out fire died also. In 2 sim days there were 3 fires. I suspect it has to do with the wants and fear system to help them overcome fears. how can they if it keeps happening every other day.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (2,966 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Constant deadly fires and flickering lights

★ Apprentice

@babylove3570 wrote:

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except 4 kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. Fires just start randomly. No lot traits or challenges to make a fire start or lights to flicker.
What happens when the bug occurs? My house catches on fire randomly, no reason a fire should start. No fireplace, candles or lot traits or challenges. Flicking lights all the time.
What do you expect to see? No fires just starting. and no flicking lights constantly happening.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Since I started the HSY pack, my household is constantly plaqued by random fires and flickering lights. It keeps my family in constant fear state. The worse happened a few hours ago. My house  hallway randomly caught on fire, once again. 2 of my 3 sims died even though they routed to safety but burnt to death. Also 4 firefighters died and 2 random sims trying to put out fire died also. In 2 sim days there were 3 fires. I suspect it has to do with the wants and fear system to help them overcome fears. how can they if it keeps happening every other day.

I downloaded a mod to stop the fires found on the modder Zero's Patreon.. always free content ... a mod to stop all fires on lots. Haven't had one in months. As far as the flickering lights no solution yet. Until this is fixed I pray the mod stays updated. I didn't even have to start a new save.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,240 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@babylove3570 Is it a haunted house lot type?
Message 2 of 10 (2,936 Views)

★ Apprentice

No. There are no lot traits. As we speak I just put out fire  number 6 since I made this post. I just removed lights and stove and replaced. I hope this resolves itself.

Message 3 of 10 (2,924 Views)

★★ Guide
@babylove3570 Does your sim have a fear of fire? Check your sims traits. If they have a fear of fire they are more likely to cause fires
Message 4 of 10 (2,912 Views)

Champion
@xjodielaura Which doesn’t make much sense to be honest. Wouldn’t someone afraid of fire be super extra cautious and therefore less likely to start them?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 10 (2,881 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Sim does not fear fire.Changing the stove and lights had no effect. I started a new save. From scratch with all my mods and cc.  After several hours of playing no fires. I lost so much progress especially since that corrupted file was my save file for my scenarios.

I don't know if it was because of the scenarios, items in the house which were base game, careers on the group of sims or traits. 

And of all the scenarios in that file I never did the Unlucky Chef one which should not factor in to it. It was never queued in that file. I will play some more and see if fire starts. Now to reset my new save and world to be the way I like it.  

Message 6 of 10 (2,851 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, after the HSY patch in every family i play (i play rotationaly) the lights flicker and random objects on the lot catch fire and sometimes even only the floor. Because of that my sims live constantly in fear of fire and it's very annoying Disappointed

Message 7 of 10 (2,382 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 10 (1,792 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issues. Lights flickering and random fires. Sims keep narrowly dodging death. The lot I'm playing on is not haunted, and every new house I move my sim family into keeps having the same issues (I thought if I moved them around, the issues would stop, but no such luck). I am frustrated and do not want to start a new save. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

@babylove3570 wrote:

I downloaded a mod to stop the fires found on the modder Zero's Patreon.. always free content ... a mod to stop all fires on lots. Haven't had one in months. As far as the flickering lights no solution yet. Until this is fixed I pray the mod stays updated. I didn't even have to start a new save.

Message 10 of 10 (1,241 Views)