by RenasaiH

Original Post

Console Crashing/Freezing During Any Loading Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up any household, go into CAS, travel, anything that triggers a loading screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game closes onto the Xbox dashboard after triggering a loading screen.
What do you expect to see? The game should not crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. V 1.61

I've already troubleshooted, like I do every time. Just here to report that the game is unplayable again. I don't get any error codes.

[CM Edit: Updated title]

Message 1 of 51 (4,288 Views)

Game Crashes On Xbox One When Loading Into Household...

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Game Crashes On Xbox One When Loading Into Household...

I've tried to clear my cache files, I've tried clearing up memory space even though I have over 800 MB free...but NOTHING has worked! This started ever since the High School Years pack had been released.

PLEASE HELP! This is VERY frustrating when you can't play the game with new expansion packs...

Message 2 of 51 (4,241 Views)

Re: [XBSS] Game Crashes During Any Loading Screen

★★★ Apprentice
@RenasaiH The emergency patch didn't help, either.
Message 3 of 51 (4,206 Views)

Re: Game Crashes On Xbox One When Loading Into Household...

Community Manager

Hello @VirologicTuba7,

Are you getting an error code when your game crashes on you? 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 51 (4,197 Views)

Stuck on loading screen when loading into household

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.39.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Blooming rooms kit bowling night stuff cats and city living cottage living country kitchen kit dine out discover university dream home decorator eco lifestyle get famous get to work get together high school years incheon arrivals island living kids room laundry day moschino movie hangout my first pet my wedding stories nifty knitting outdoor retreat paranormal parenthood realm of magic romantic garden seasons snowy escape spa day strangerville throwback fit tiny living toddler vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When loading into a save i go to click on my household to play. After clicking to play this household the game starts to load but gets stuck on the loading screen
What happens when the bug occurs? When i load into my save it takes me to a household i haven’t played in months rather than my last played household. When i go to manage worlds to swap to my normal household the game gets stuck on a loading screen when trying to load into the household
What do you expect to see? When clicking to load into my household it should load into the household and not get stuck on a loading screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. There was a patch 2 days before high school years released and has been like this since. Even after the patch on August 2nd to fix the bugs from that patch this glitch is still there.

Message 5 of 51 (4,237 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen when loading into household

Community Manager

Hi there @layla2003anne,

Are you seeing any error codes or messages when your game gets stuck on the loading screen? 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 51 (4,212 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen when loading into household

★★★ Newbie

No there’s no messages or anything it just gets stuck

Message 7 of 51 (4,204 Views)

One of my households won't open. Infinite loading screen.

★★ Novice

I have a vampire generations household that I've been wanting to play recently, but any household in that save file won't open. I click on the house and to play, but the loading screen will trap me for an infinite amount of time (exceeding 30 mins of wait time) with the loading bar stuck nearing the end, but never moving any farther.

It's only this save and no other saves for the PS4 (and this is after the update 1.62).

Message 8 of 51 (4,201 Views)

Re: Game Crashes On Xbox One When Loading Into Household...

★ Apprentice

No error code. It just shows the load screen with the large plumbbob and right before the game actually lets me load into the household, my screen turns completely black and then takes me back to my xbox home screen.

Message 9 of 51 (4,176 Views)

Re: CAS Glitches for Sims 4 on PS4

★★★ Newbie

im so.mad you guys are able to get pass the load screen after the update I CANT 😭😭😭

Message 10 of 51 (4,157 Views)