by taytrouble0787

Original Post

64x64 Lots Not Always Loading Since the High School Years Patch Arrived

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62 for PS and Xbox
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories. Stuff Packs: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cook Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Keep playing on any 64x64 lot and it will eventually happen. I made a video of it happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not all the time, but some of the time. The only way to fix once it happens is temporarily move the family to another lot. Then move them back to the 64x64 lot they were previously at for it to be restored once you reload your game or it will continue to happen.
What do you expect to see? A loading screen that gets stuck and you have to quit your game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch before the High School years was released.

Here is a video of what happens.  This bug NEVER happened to me before the High School Years patch arrived and I've been using 64x64 lots for over a year now.  Again, to get around the bug after you close the game and reload it is to move the family to another lot, load it.  Go back to manage worlds and then re-move back to 64x64 lot where it happened.  Because if you try to load the lot again before moving the family, it will continue to get stuck until you move them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhFWp2BS-U

Message 21 of 51 (1,368 Views)

Re: Console Crashing/Freezing During Any Loading Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For those with the loading screen getting stuck, so far I've only seen that happen on 64x64 lots (I'm on a PS5 - don't know if that has anything to do with it). But what I have done to temporarily fix it is to move the household to another lot.  Load the household.  Go back to the manage worlds. Move the household back to the lot you were getting suck on.  Then reload the household and it's done.  It's a pain and a little extra when you have to reassign the beds to your Sims.  Then you have to do it again once it starts getting stuck again.

I noticed a pattern on when it will get stuck.  You load your household fresh, play around.  You travel around a few lots.  You come back home and it happens.  It can also happen if you're at home and maybe hit the change Sim option in the mirror, dresser, etc... after loading back and forth either traveling or making changes a few times since you started up your game.  Either way, it's going to get stuck again and then you're going to have to quit and reload your game, move the household again, load the household on its new lot.  Then move it back to back again for it work again.

Message 22 of 51 (1,282 Views)

Sims 4 not loading on PlayStation 5.

★★★★ Novice

Every time I go to play the sims it won’t load. It gets to the Home Screen but when I click into any of my saved games, it loads to like 75% of the bar then stops. I waited an hour this morning for it to work. I’m really disappointed as I just bought the high school pack and have only got to play with it once. 

Message 23 of 51 (1,349 Views)

Sims 4 getting stuck on loading screen ps5

★★★★ Novice

When I click into any save file of my game it gets to roughly around 75% of the bar loading then freezes. I haven’t been able to play the game in days and I’m upset as I just bought the new high school pack and only got to use it once. 

Message 24 of 51 (1,393 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not loading on ps4

★★★ Newbie

I've tried everything and nothing has worked, I turned my ps4 off and on, I unplugged the ps4, I restarted it, I deleted the game, I restored my license and I even rebuilt my database but nothing is working. Am I really going to have to reset all my progress or is there's still a way for me to be able to play?... I can access the menu but the real problem is trying to load my previously saved game, the blue bar always stops and never moves if anything I think I can actually see it going back. I share my ps4 with my other sibling and their sims 4 seems to run smoothly except for mine. I'm not sure what I did wrong. 

Message 25 of 51 (1,343 Views)

Re: Sims 4 getting stuck on loading screen ps5

★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same problem.... when I deleted the game and downloaded it again just the base game work but when I put the add ons back same problem

Message 26 of 51 (1,290 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not loading on ps4

★★★ Newbie

My daughter is experiencing the same thing. Can’t wait to hear a fix

Message 27 of 51 (1,272 Views)

Sims 4 not loading on ps5

★★★★ Novice

My sims game isn’t loading on ps5 for the last three days. I would like to note I do own the high school pack which has been reported to have many bugs. I get the the joke screen click into my oldest save game and it doesn’t load. My other two newer saved games allows but I want to play on the first saved game because it’s my favourite.

Message 28 of 51 (1,265 Views)

Re: 64x64 Lots Not Always Loading Since the High School Years Patch Arrived

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have now seen this the loading screen getting stuck happen that wasn't a 64x64 lots.  Before that was the ONLY lot size I've seen where that happened until I saw it happen on a 40x30 lot just a few moments ago. I hope EA is taking notes.

Message 29 of 51 (1,140 Views)

Re: 64x64 Lots Not Always Loading Since the High School Years Patch Arrived

★★★ Apprentice

I decided to try some new trick ideas to get out of the stuck loading screen bug.  This bug will tie itself to a specific family on a specific lot.  Earlier in the thread, I explained moving the family to a new lot, load it the new lot, back to the manage worlds screen and moving back to the lot would fix it.

This time I tried loading the load in build mode from the manage worlds menu.  The lot loads like normal.  Then I loaded the family to play with them and it got stuck again.

Then I tried loading another family that I'm playing with and it loads fine.  I played with that other family for a couple of minutes.  Then I went back to the managed worlds menu and loaded the previous family that was getting stuck and it fixed it.

So that is another way to fix the loading screen from getting stuck.  Hope this helps.

As mentioned earlier, I only have seen this happen on 64x64 lots so far until tonight when it happened to me on a 40x30 lot.  I haven't played on 64x64 lots in over 2 weeks since the last time it happened (and it happened to me on 3 different 64x64 lots and some lots multiple times that it frustrated me).  And I played this game a lot during the last couple of weeks and finally had the bug triggered on a smaller lot.

It does seem the bug triggers more often on the 64x64 lots than on lots smaller from my personal experience.  Either way EA needs to fix this bug like other bugs that they created to prepare for the High School Years pack.

Message 30 of 51 (1,130 Views)