Original Post

Consistently disconnecting in Player Select Screen Apex Legends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Firepit909
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Character select screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Selecting a character
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Lag out of game and return to home screen
What should be happening instead? I should pick a character and get into a game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I am in a game with my mates we are selecting a character but I will just disconnect in the player select screen. I will get into some games but I usually lag out of two or three games in the player select screen before I get into a game

Most games when I am in I will lag out of the player select screen at random times. I do not lag out in the menu or in game, only in the player select screen. I can get into some games, but usually I lag out of two to three games in the player select screen before I get into a game. None of my squad mates ever have this issue, and it makes ranked unplayable. I have not been able to find other players having this issue or find any fixes that have changed my experience. I love apex and this bug is making it unplayable and extremely annoying. I also have an open NAT type and have tried port forwarding fixes.

Message 1 of 3 (1,093 Views)

Re: Consistently disconnecting in Player Select Screen Apex Legends

Champion (Retired)
@pwilly101 Try to leave and join the party again or leave the party and restart the game. That's how i fix it when i play with my squadmates.
Message 2 of 3 (1,063 Views)

Re: Consistently disconnecting in Player Select Screen Apex Legends

★★ Novice

same issue since the game was released and nothing to solve it

Message 3 of 3 (680 Views)