Consistent Negative Points

by 2FaceTim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Consistent Negative Points

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG G3 VS985 4G
OS Version Android 6.0 VS9854CA
What is your Player ID? 2FaceTim
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or if it's deliberate, but I discovered last night that consistent losses potentially lead to negative points. I confirmed this after losing at least 3 rounds before finally seeing a screen that said I had lost points. Screenshot of the 1st negative reward is below. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927063683531107132/762E23BD0035FBC47AAB6C514A0BAF92A4C66B... Later on, I wanted to confirm if it was a glitch or not, so I deliberately lost several rounds. Sure enough, the points kept going negative, ranging from -2 to -6. This continued until someone with an EA staff title was matched against me (I have no idea if the title was legitimate) and proceeded to let me win. That payout was in the positives, and we were matched immediately afterwards. From there, I couldn't get it to go negative anymore, so I have no idea if it was actually fixed or not. I'm going to attempt it later today as well. On another note, I have some ideas I want to suggest adding to this game that might not only look positive, but could make some money. I'd like to know where the best place to suggest that is.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Deliberately lose. Get on the game and start sending cheap units over to the enemy base instead of the missile platforms. Let the units get slaughtered by the enemy. Do this from the very beginning in each match.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

Most of it was explained in the above part.  Deliberately losing while sending the wrong units to the wrong enemies results in negative points.  Deliberately ignoring the missile platform seems to have an effect as well on how many points are deducted (I would suggest nerfing the health on the bases as well).  I have no idea if it was fixed, but after being matched up with someone who had an EA staff title, I couldn't get it to go negative again.  I'm going to attempt it again today to see if it will still do it.

As for the unrelated suggestion, it's a lengthy idea, so I 'm looking for a more appropriate place to post it to keep this report clean.

P.S.  I'm having issues submitting this report.  That's what the 2nd screenshot is for.

Message 1 of 2 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Consistent Negative Points

Community Manager (retired)

Hi 2FaceTim,

What you are experiencing is not a bug; it is part of the game. Players will earn medals for a win and lose medals with a loss. You are also correct that the number of medals lost (or gained) will vary from match to match.

For feedback, you are welcome to create a thread in the Game Information section of the forums. If you would like, there are also active player-run subReddit and Discord communities. You can discuss your suggestion/feedback in either of those locations with other players. Staff actively monitor those sites, so any feedback that you present there will be seen.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (570 Views)

All Replies

Re: Consistent Negative Points

Community Manager (retired)

Hi 2FaceTim,

What you are experiencing is not a bug; it is part of the game. Players will earn medals for a win and lose medals with a loss. You are also correct that the number of medals lost (or gained) will vary from match to match.

For feedback, you are welcome to create a thread in the Game Information section of the forums. If you would like, there are also active player-run subReddit and Discord communities. You can discuss your suggestion/feedback in either of those locations with other players. Staff actively monitor those sites, so any feedback that you present there will be seen.

Message 2 of 2 (571 Views)