Connection issues and Dead lobbies from Australian/NZ servers! (patch 1.2)

by GodCarryLord

Original Post

Connection issues and Dead lobbies from Australian/NZ servers! (patch 1.2)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Connection issues and Dead lobbies when playing from Australia. When changing ping site to other countries you get extremely lag and rarely connect. This was not the case prior to patch 1.2. When try connecting to Australia ping site you get placed in dead lobby which is rarely filled.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GodCarryLord
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 20/02/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 9:00 pm Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? BST - GMT + 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a match of GA from Australia or other low populated Regions. You will either be placed in dead lobby looking for players or rare times lobby is filled its imbalanced. Now try changing regions to other countries. You will rarely connect and when you do will be lagging hard even tho your internet is fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not connecting to lobbies, Being placed in Dead lobby of Kashyyyk, extreme lag
What do you expect to see? Reverse the changes made in patch 1.2 to Australian Servers. It was perfectly fine before this patch.
Please select your region Australia
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Connection issues and Dead lobbies when playing from Australia. When changing ping site to other countries you get extremely lag and rarely connect. This was not the case prior to patch 1.2. When try connecting to Australia ping site you get placed in dead lobby which is rarely filled.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GodCarryLord
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 20/02/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 9:00 pm Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? BST - GMT + 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a match of GA from Australia or other low populated Regions. You will either be placed in dead lobby looking for players or rare times lobby is filled its imbalanced. Now try changing regions to other countries. You will rarely connect and when you do will be lagging hard even tho your internet is fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not connecting to lobbies, Being placed in Dead lobby of Kashyyyk, extreme lag
What do you expect to see? Reverse the changes made in patch 1.2 to Australian Servers. It was perfectly fine before this patch.
Please select your region Australia
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Hello Devs at Dice

Just wanted to ask if possible please fix the connection issues when playing GA from Australia. This has happened after patch 1.2

When try to connect to Australian server you usually go in dead lobby and rare times lobby is full it's imbalanced.

To avoid Dead Australia lobbies you change Region to other countries but when do that after 1.2 You rarely connect and when you do its extremely laggy which was not case before 1.2

Please check what you did in patch 1.2 and Fix the issues that patch caused to Australian server. This game is pretty much unplayable if you play from Australia. My guess is that tho it goes the same for all other less populated regions. 

Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

Re: Connection issues and Dead lobbies from Australian/NZ servers! (patch 1.2)

★★★★ Apprentice

Here is the image of Battlefront 2 GA in Australia:

Message 2 of 6 (623 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, it's just a recurring issue for Australian servers. I'm on PC as well and at least half the time I try to join a game during peak time I get an empty server. If it's during off peak time or midway between the two, then it's always empty... 

Message 3 of 6 (620 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am from South Africa, before patch 1.2 I would get populated maps in galactic assault.

Now after patch I get only empty lobbies on Kashyyyk only. I would wait for 30 mins, one or 2 people would join but then leaves again. I have been trying to get a game for hours!

Please fix this ffs!!!!!

Message 4 of 6 (613 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Still the same Problem, No Answer from Devs. This patch was a total harassment. It messed up cross server matchmaking which was the only thing not absolutely trash about this game...
Message 5 of 6 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

I am still getting dead lobbies in all modes on Australian server, all times of the day.  Very frustrating, can play on us server but very laggy. Please fix this asap Dice.

Message 6 of 6 (555 Views)