Re: Connection Error (downloading assets)

by JohanK111

Original Post

Connection Error (downloading assets)

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad & iPhone
OS Version 12 & 10.3
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 946-564-825
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Since the last update the files (assets) are not downloading from different connections: wifi or cellular data. I have reported this issue twice and have resolve them by pressing a thousand times "TRY AGAIN" when finally the file is downloaded. This is very frustrating and is giving me the regret feeling of not playing this great game any more because every time is an update or an asset to download I cannot play for almost 3 days.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea of whats going on, but the issue is clear that is happening in different devices (I own iPad and iPhone). Is not the IOS version (v.12 and v10.3), is not the free space device (5GB & 500Mb), is not clearing cookies, restarting device, is not restarting network settings device nor uninstalling and re-downloading the app from the app store. Also is not my connection so I have made a trace to EA servers and all is looking normal. Issue is related to the las update released.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Colombia

Since the last update the files (assets) are not downloading from different connections: wifi or cellular data. I have reported this issue twice and have resolve them by pressing a thousand times "TRY AGAIN" when finally the file is downloaded. This is very frustrating and is giving me the regret feeling of not playing this great game any more because every time is an update or an asset to download I cannot play for almost 3 days.

I have no idea of whats going on, but the issue is clear that is happening in different devices (I own iPad and iPhone). Is not the IOS version (v.12 and v10.3), is not the free space device (5GB & 500Mb), is not clearing cookies, restarting device, is not restarting network settings device nor uninstalling and re-downloading the app from the app store. Also is not my connection so I have made a trace to EA servers and all is looking normal. Issue is related to the las update released.

Message 1 of 5 (718 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It took me 10sec on my iphone to download the update, however on my ipad 3 i had the same issue. Took forever with countless connection interruptions just like your screenies are showing.

I've had this issue with the ipad 3 for the first time when dling an update in october 2018.

I'm not a technician, but my thought is that older devices just cant digest the size of the game anymore. Not saying this should happen though.

Message 2 of 5 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The iPad has the latest iOS version, also it has 5GB free space and is having the same issue, so I don't think is the "old" device. It would if I had it with the same iOS but this is not the case. Thanks for your answer though

Message 3 of 5 (689 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @hniyem,

What type of iPhone/iPad do you have?

Message 4 of 5 (649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any news on this? I've had the same problem for a couple of months now. iPhone SE, iOS 10.2.1

Message 5 of 5 (593 Views)